FreeSync with Denon X3600H and LG C1
06-26-2021, 11:47 PM
FreeSync with Denon X3600H and LG C1
My first post here!

I just recently purchased a new LG C1 OLED TV. My current receiver is a Denon X3600H that I'm using in my 11.2 setup.
I'm currently using a 2080 TI as my primary video card but will eventually update to a 3080 when prices and inventory permit.
I've found that the Denon X3600H doesn't pass or allow my GSYNC to function. When I hook up my PC directly to the LG C1 everything works.
I attempted to use EARC to try and bypass the receiver as a video source but that is also buggy with the LG C1 and the Denon X3600H. I got the sound to work 1 time out of 10.

Even when I got it working my games were limited to Stereo. I tried to edit the EDID with CRU to allow for 7.1 channels for gaming I never managed to get EARC going again after a reboot.

Is there any way I can use CRU to enable FreeSync through my Denon X3600H?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2021, 06:16 PM
RE: FreeSync with Denon X3600H and LG C1
I need to see the EDIDs to see what's going on. Export a file with and without the receiver and attach them here.
06-28-2021, 04:24 PM
(06-27-2021 06:16 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I need to see the EDIDs to see what's going on. Export a file with and without the receiver and attach them here.

Thanks for taking a look at this for me.

Attached File(s)
.bin  DenonX3600H.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 183)
.bin  LG-C1.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 229)
07-03-2021, 02:23 AM
The LG C1 seems to support both HDMI 2.1 VRR and FreeSync, but the Denon only supports HDMI 2.0, and it removed the FreeSync data block with no space left to add it back in, so I removed a bunch of unnecessary resolutions like 4096x2160 and lower TV resolutions that are ignored by the driver, and then copied the FreeSync data block to the Denon EDID.

Try importing this file:
.bin  denon-freesync.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 221)
07-03-2021, 07:58 PM (Last edited: 07-03-2021, 08:36 PM by quaddragon)
(07-03-2021 02:23 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  The LG C1 seems to support both HDMI 2.1 VRR and FreeSync, but the Denon only supports HDMI 2.0, and it removed the FreeSync data block with no space left to add it back in, so I removed a bunch of unnecessary resolutions like 4096x2160 and lower TV resolutions that are ignored by the driver, and then copied the FreeSync data block to the Denon EDID.

Try importing this file:

Awesome, I will be giving this a try today.

Well i gave it a try and Adaptive Sync is now choosable in the Nvidia control panel where it wasn't before, but it doesn't seem to work with Borderlands 3.
Lots of texture tearing vs only Vsync. Is Gysnc something that is built into the EDID info or is that turned on somewhere else?
The enable GSync Menu is still missing in the Nvidia Control panel with this bin file.
07-03-2021, 10:18 PM
So I have managed to have my Cake and eat it too. Finally figured out how to get EARC working on the C1 and keep the Surround Sound.
I had to enable EARC and all the CEC options on the Receiver and the LG C1. Then I had to use Dolby Atmos to get the surround sound working.
I hope this helps someone else having the same issue as me. Thanks Toasty for all the Support. I tried to edit the HDMI LCPM channels to 7.1 with CRU.
However the TV would only output Stereo until I choose Dolby Atmos for Windows.