qnix 2710 setting gone
11-14-2013, 05:23 AM (Last edited: 11-14-2013, 05:24 AM by bayz11)
qnix 2710 setting gone
Hello guys

Im using qnix 2710 with dvi port only.just brought weeks ago.i use it for a week oc to 120hz with no problem until i change my psu from 750 to 850.i plug back dvi and i realize that my oc setting is gone.

So i try to reset the patcher back to normal, and start adding a new setting to my cru.after i restart, the monitor show factory test colour (just like test pixel colour). I thought something wrong happen, so i plug to my old monitor with hdmi cable.and its no problem.
I use to be able to view boot display and bios as well.but after change my psu.my qnix only able to display in windows.Not in boot, the blue l.e.d just blink when in boot mode

Any idea what happening?my guess is maybe i mess up with window resolution setting or my dvi cable not function properly.

Update : everytime i rest patch my monitor go into factory setting mode.anyone know how to reset the monitor to factory setting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: qnix 2710 setting gone
If you have an AMD/ATI card with two DVI ports, try the other DVI port. AMD/ATI cards usually only have one dual-link DVI port, and it sounds like you have the monitor plugged into a single-link DVI port.
11-14-2013, 08:49 PM
(11-14-2013 06:00 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  If you have an AMD/ATI card with two DVI ports, try the other DVI port. AMD/ATI cards usually only have one dual-link DVI port, and it sounds like you have the monitor plugged into a single-link DVI port.

Try both of them already toastyx, one of them i can go to 75 but my resolution will go down to 1280x...

And im concern about why i can display boot before but know i cant.i already try scaling gpu but no luck, what can it make it that way?and i have to use ur patch to be able to get a display of the picture, or else there only a factory setting display
11-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Simply changing the PSU should not affect anything. Something else must have changed.

The symptoms you described sound exactly like what happens when you connect the monitor to a single-link DVI port. The reason it works with the patch is because the patch allows 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz to work with single-link DVI. If you remove the patch, the native resolution isn't available, so the video driver tries to use a lower resolution that the monitor can't handle, and the monitor displays the test screen when that happens.

There are no settings that would affect the boot screens. That's handled entirely by the video card. If you switch DVI ports, do the boot screens show up? If neither port shows the boot screens, then something weird is going on.

The patch and CRU only affect Windows. They don't change anything in the monitor itself. Running reset-all.exe that comes with CRU will remove all the custom monitor overrides.
11-15-2013, 01:58 AM
(11-15-2013 01:47 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Simply changing the PSU should not affect anything. Something else must have changed.

The symptoms you described sound exactly like what happens when you connect the monitor to a single-link DVI port. The reason it works with the patch is because the patch allows 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz to work with single-link DVI. If you remove the patch, the native resolution isn't available, so the video driver tries to use a lower resolution that the monitor can't handle, and the monitor displays the test screen when that happens.

There are no settings that would affect the boot screens. That's handled entirely by the video card. If you switch DVI ports, do the boot screens show up? If neither port shows the boot screens, then something weird is going on.

The patch and CRU only affect Windows. They don't change anything in the monitor itself. Running reset-all.exe that comes with CRU will remove all the custom monitor overrides.

I saw my asus radeon r9 280x have to dvi.one is single one is dual.i try both of them.none of them display boot screen.but the funny thing is.it show boot screen before.thats why now im going nuts wondering what im doing wrong.

It sound from ur diagnosis that something wrong with my vga.ill try to check again later.thx mate
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
(11-15-2013 01:47 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Simply changing the PSU should not affect anything. Something else must have changed.

i manage to get to 70 hz now toasty, apparently the monitor wont show up the resolution more than 300 mhz. anyone know why?
11-15-2013, 08:57 PM
300 MHz is the single-link DVI limit with the patch. If anything above that is not listed in the Windows screen resolution settings, then you're using a single-link DVI port.

If the refresh rate is listed in Windows but the monitor is not displaying a picture, then something is wrong with the connection.
11-15-2013, 10:10 PM
(11-15-2013 08:57 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  300 MHz is the single-link DVI limit with the patch. If anything above that is not listed in the Windows screen resolution settings, then you're using a single-link DVI port.

If the refresh rate is listed in Windows but the monitor is not displaying a picture, then something is wrong with the connection.

When u mean somerhing wrong with the connection is the cable or the monitor or the gpu?
Sorry im quite lost when it comes this thing
11-15-2013, 11:27 PM
i found that i can use 70hz in my single dual dvi, but not in my dual link. cuase my r9 280x got two dvi. and i realize if i plug to my dual dvi, and i set resolution in cru. i start to get flcikering in my monitor, but if i erase it all.it back to normal.any idea why this happening guys?
11-16-2013, 04:13 AM
(11-15-2013 10:10 PM)bayz11 Wrote:  When u mean somerhing wrong with the connection is the cable or the monitor or the gpu?
It could be any of those three. This is an unusual problem because you had it working before.

Try reseating the video card and reconnecting the PCIe power cables, and make sure both ends of the DVI cable are securely connected.