q270 and ati r9 290x issue
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
q270 and ati r9 290x issue
Hey ,

I have the latest catalyst 13.11v6 beta and also the latest pacther from the forum link all seems well and now have also 4 different resolutions to choose from after following the tutorial on 120hz.net but still when i select anything other then the original resolution i get black screen and it only returns back to normal on the 70hz option, anything other then that and i need to restart my system.

I do have the overclockable model as someone from 120hz checked for me to confirm.

Any help would be great and the apps and tuts are much appreciated.

Many thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: q270 and ati r9 290x issue
What refresh rates did you try? The patch isn't needed below 330 MHz pixel clock, so if you can't get 80 Hz without the patch, then it's most likely a monitor issue.

What is the highest refresh rate you can get? Try refresh rates between 65-70 Hz. If you can only get around 65-67 Hz, then they may have mistakenly sent you the non-overclockable version. If you get a screen full of colored vertical lines at any point, then you definitely have the non-overclockable version because the overclockable version doesn't do that.
10-28-2013, 10:05 AM
well i got it too 67hz before a black screen, no lines showing up so assuming now they have sent the wrong model.
thanks for the response
10-28-2013, 04:30 PM
That's very interesting as I'm the person from 120hz.net who asked you to post here. According to the eBay item link you provided me, this one was sold as overclockable (and cost a pretty penny too) so I hope Green Sum sorts you out Sad