Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-04-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-04-2014 04:03 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That's because of the GeForce Experience problem noted in the main post.

Either uninstall GeForce Experience, or try this workaround:

Use CRU to import this file: https://www.monitortests.com/blank-extension.dat

Then enable the extension block and reboot.

Thank you, I read through a bunch of posts here but missed the OP >< Works superb now!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 06:56 PM (Last edited: 01-04-2014, 07:43 PM by Umar)
(01-04-2014 04:01 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 08:10 AM)Umar Wrote:  I have Samsung 40' 3d led tv and my vga card is amd hd 7990. I tried every method for increasing refresh rate to 120hz but its always appearing 60hz in tv and in windows 8.1. I am using dvi to hdmi adaptor and hdmi 3d cable. Please guys help me i am very upset.
If you're using HDMI on the TV and 120 Hz is not showing up in the Windows screen resolution settings, try importing this file with CRU: https://www.monitortests.com/hdmi-audio.dat

Thanks a lot, I will try and let u know. I also want to know that i read post that "Avoid DVI adaptors with HDMI as those cannot do 1080p@120Hz", bcz i am using dvi-d adapter for hdmi.

(01-04-2014 06:56 PM)Umar Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 04:01 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 08:10 AM)Umar Wrote:  I have Samsung 40' 3d led tv and my vga card is amd hd 7990. I tried every method for increasing refresh rate to 120hz but its always appearing 60hz in tv and in windows 8.1. I am using dvi to hdmi adaptor and hdmi 3d cable. Please guys help me i am very upset.
If you're using HDMI on the TV and 120 Hz is not showing up in the Windows screen resolution settings, try importing this file with CRU: https://www.monitortests.com/hdmi-audio.dat

Thanks a lot, I will try and let u know. I also want to know that i read post that "Avoid DVI adaptors with HDMI as those cannot do 1080p@120Hz", bcz i am using dvi-d adapter for hdmi.

Same nothing happened with import also. its giving same 60hz
01-04-2014, 08:19 PM
(01-04-2014 06:56 PM)Umar Wrote:  Same nothing happened with import also. its giving same 60hz
Try using HDMI directly without an adapter if you can.

If that doesn't work, you might have to patch the driver: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher
01-04-2014, 08:40 PM (Last edited: 01-04-2014, 08:43 PM by Umar)
(01-04-2014 08:19 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 06:56 PM)Umar Wrote:  Same nothing happened with import also. its giving same 60hz
Try using HDMI directly without an adapter if you can.

If that doesn't work, you might have to patch the driver: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher

I cant use hdmi directly Sad and that's the problem in hd 7990, no hdmi port. Can i use mini display hdmi port? What should i do?
01-04-2014, 09:23 PM (Last edited: 01-04-2014, 09:38 PM by Margatroid)
Hey guys, I seem to have made a pretty terrible mistake and I need some help.

I was running CRU because I got an Overlord monitor recently, and I was having trouble getting System Shock 2 to run on my PC so I figured maybe CRU was the problem. Not realizing what would happen, I deleted the custom resolution profile that I had set up in CRU. I figured this would just reset to the monitor's default.

Instead, the computer now blackscreens when starting up after the Windows logo. I've tried booting in safe mode, and the same thing happens.

Is there any way to resolve this problem? I really don't want to have to reinstall because of this dumb mistake...

Edit: OK I was able to fix this problem, by connecting a different monitor and using System Restore. But this is a good lesson for everyone: don't delete your profile!
01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
(01-04-2014 09:23 PM)Margatroid Wrote:  Hey guys, I seem to have made a pretty terrible mistake and I need some help.

I was running CRU because I got an Overlord monitor recently, and I was having trouble getting System Shock 2 to run on my PC so I figured maybe CRU was the problem. Not realizing what would happen, I deleted the custom resolution profile that I had set up in CRU. I figured this would just reset to the monitor's default.

Instead, the computer now blackscreens when starting up after the Windows logo. I've tried booting in safe mode, and the same thing happens.

Is there any way to resolve this problem? I really don't want to have to reinstall because of this dumb mistake...

Edit: OK I was able to fix this problem, by connecting a different monitor and using System Restore. But this is a good lesson for everyone: don't delete your profile!
What do you mean by profile? Using the "Delete" button at the top will delete the override and reset the settings to the monitor's default after rebooting. Running reset-all.exe resets all the monitors.

If you deleted all the resolutions instead, the driver will try to use a lower resolution, which won't work with the X270OC because it doesn't have a scaler.

CRU would not affect safe mode. If you can see the Windows logo, I don't know why safe mode wouldn't work.
01-04-2014, 09:53 PM
(01-04-2014 08:40 PM)Umar Wrote:  I cant use hdmi directly Sad and that's the problem in hd 7990, no hdmi port. Can i use mini display hdmi port? What should i do?
Did you try the patch? If it still doesn't work with the patch, try disabling the extension block.
01-04-2014, 10:30 PM
(01-04-2014 09:53 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 08:40 PM)Umar Wrote:  I cant use hdmi directly Sad and that's the problem in hd 7990, no hdmi port. Can i use mini display hdmi port? What should i do?
Did you try the patch? If it still doesn't work with the patch, try disabling the extension block.

Nothing happening also. What will be the problem? Why your software not OC the refresh rate? Please see and advise me again.
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
(01-04-2014 10:30 PM)Umar Wrote:  Nothing happening also. What will be the problem? Why your software not OC the refresh rate? Please see and advise me again.
The driver is ignoring the resolution for some reason. HDMI is normally limited to 165 MHz pixel clock, but the HDMI extension block and the patch are supposed to get around that. I don't know why that's not working for you.

What settings are you using? Make sure the pixel clock is not more than 297.00 MHz.
01-05-2014, 11:19 AM
(01-04-2014 11:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 10:30 PM)Umar Wrote:  Nothing happening also. What will be the problem? Why your software not OC the refresh rate? Please see and advise me again.
The driver is ignoring the resolution for some reason. HDMI is normally limited to 165 MHz pixel clock, but the HDMI extension block and the patch are supposed to get around that. I don't know why that's not working for you.

What settings are you using? Make sure the pixel clock is not more than 297.00 MHz.

How can i check the pixel clock and which settings you are asking?

Regards,