Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
02-05-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Any support for ATI's new Mantle Beta driver release? 14.1 beta?
Currently tried CRU, but it doesn't work with 1.1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 03:46 AM
(02-05-2014 02:15 AM)purecussion Wrote:  Any support for ATI's new Mantle Beta driver release? 14.1 beta?
I'm not seeing any problems with 14.1.
02-05-2014, 03:54 AM
(02-04-2014 04:50 AM)dstathis Wrote:  I have noticed that when I set high refresh rates such as 120 or 115, the colors appear much less bright and vibrant than when I set 60Hz. I am using a Radeon HD 6970 and an QNIX QX2710LED (2560x1440).

Has anyone else had problems with colors? Does anyone know how to fix this?
That's a monitor limitation. Setting the totals to 2652x1445 might reduce the effects somewhat.
02-05-2014, 03:54 AM
(02-03-2014 09:10 PM)valerio65 Wrote:  So there aren't anymore? I should use only the 60hz input? D:
Anymore what? If 75 Hz doesn't even work, then it probably can't handle anything over 60 Hz.
02-05-2014, 06:51 AM
I got a problem with my GC HDMI output.Model is Asus GTX 780 OC.TV is Panasonic VT60 50"

When trying to connect it to my HDTV,i get stuck on my PC screen unable to operate anything (get an unicolor screen) and my HDTV connected channel shows nothing.Being unable to tweak HDMI to HTDV options (resolution,frequency and so on obviously not showing with my Windows stuck),i'm having headache thinking about where to start troubleshooting.I've tried two working HDMI cables,nada.

On a side note,i had zero problem on the matter with my previous Asus 7970,could either duplicate or extend Windows Image and it didn't mind the PC's image higher frequency either in the process.

Of course,i have reread the 1st page Tutorial but i'd rather get advices first please.I got the feeling i've already worsened things,because i had HDTV identified on my Nvidia monitoring list on my first try and obtained that block-everything screen while checking options in order to get image appearing on my Plasma

Thanks!
02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
(02-05-2014 03:46 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 02:15 AM)purecussion Wrote:  Any support for ATI's new Mantle Beta driver release? 14.1 beta?
I'm not seeing any problems with 14.1.

Ah, I didn't realize you had a newer 1.2.3 patch. I was using 1.2. Thanks a lot for your great work!!! I wish I could shake your hand right now.
02-05-2014, 12:18 PM (Last edited: 02-05-2014, 12:23 PM by hannes69)
Hello!
I´m new to using CRU and it seems to work so far.
I want to use CRU in my future setup to improve my HTPC settings.
At the moment I´m working with Powerstrip. I have 4 different resolutions for my projector, all 720p 1280x720 but different refresh rates (23,976 / 24,000 / 25,000 /29,970) each x2 for judder free playback for all different movie framerates. I fiddled around some time to get the perfect settings, I get no single framedrop or -repeat within 3 hours for each resolution, sufficient for a movie.
I check first the movie framerate, then I manually switch to the right resolution with Powerstrip shortcut, then I watch. This process could hopefully be automated by using madvr´s display mode switcher and CRU. Beside that I want to replace my current GPU (Radeon HD4550) with a newer model with more power, Powerstrip fully supports only models up to the HD4000 series.
So two reasons to change over from Powerstrip to CRU.
So what´s the problem? - As far as I can see, CRU allows setting the pixelclock frequency to 2 decimal places, that isn´t sufficient for a really accurate setting of the refresh rate for a movie to avoid framedrops/repeats. With Powerstrip there are 5 or 6 decimal places, that´s ok.
So, where sits the limitation of this within CRU and why can Powerstrip work more accurate?
Another question to ToastyX especially because as author of this software I hope you can give me an answer or idea:
Is there an tool / excelfile / script to show combinations of the porches with corresponding pixelclock setting for a wanted refresh rate? The intuitive logic for fiddling around with all porch settings to get an appropiate refresh rate isn´t so good... There are tools and websites where you can enter the porches and pixelclock to get as a result the corresponding refresh rate, I want it the other way round. Clearly there is not 1 solution, so it must be a suggestion of multiple solutions, perhaps sorted by deviation of the wanted refresh rate. If I have the formulas I could probably write a little C code which could do that, but maybe it isn´t as simple as I´m thinking. I searched the web for a while but wasn´t successful. With such a tool one could then test all the given combinations and hope that one is working with the monitor/projector. And hopefully one of them would be accurate enough even with 2 decimal places (if it isn´t possible to higher this number).
I know there is the solution of madvr´s smoothmotion to work around this problem, but this feature consumes some amount of GPU power and it isn´t the PERFECT solution for videoframe-to-refreshperiod-transformation.
Hannes.
02-06-2014, 05:46 AM (Last edited: 02-06-2014, 05:48 AM by Pda)
Update from my recent post:

I've managed to have Windows showing again with two screens working at same time.The trick is i can get output working on my T.V but ONLY with DVI/HDMI adaptor slotted on my graphical card's second DVI output.The direct HDMI is stilly desperatly showing nothing on my Panasonic plasma.

Been told by previous GC owner that he had no trouble on his own,but i see no reason why my Panasonic would make problems with that one input when it's working fine with every other sources i'm feeding it trough HDMI.

Without HDMI direct,if i remember well,impossible to try your different Tweaks,right? Sad
02-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Hi guys!
I'm choosing a new monitor for my friend, currently thinking of something like Benq GL2460. Is there any statistics about it's overclocking capabilities? I would really like to get 75Hz at least.

Benq XL2411T
AMD Radeon HD7950
02-06-2014, 05:45 PM (Last edited: 02-06-2014, 07:02 PM by jobby)
I have my monitor at 75Hz (it seems to work fine up to 77Hz), but when I wake the PC from sleep or hibernation it resets itself to 60Hz.
Any way to prevent that?

(Sorry if it's been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.)

EDIT: Made a thread about it, because I'm suspecting it might be relevant to others.