NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
06-01-2013, 10:21 AM (Last edited: 06-01-2013, 10:29 AM by Mkilbride)
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
So I have GTX670 SLI, I need the Full Patcher?

You know, now that you mention the Scan Lines thing...I had an issue I didn't have before I formatted - in videos mostly, when it's panning, I see this odd error that no matter what decoder options I use, I see. Is this related? It's...hard to say, it's almost like ghosting, but it was not like this previously.

Ahh, I can't really explain it, but it makes it difficult to watch movies on my excellent looking monitor. I do not know what caused it and it frustrates me so...pre format, 115HZ, all was good.

Post format, it's pretty iffy.

Weird thing is: Half the time it looks 115 / 120HZ (Smooth as butter), but then randomly it'll seem like it's back to 60HZ.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 10:45 AM
(06-01-2013 10:21 AM)Mkilbride Wrote:  So I have GTX670 SLI, I need the Full Patcher?
Yes, you need the full patcher with SLI.

(06-01-2013 10:21 AM)Mkilbride Wrote:  You know, now that you mention the Scan Lines thing...I had an issue I didn't have before I formatted - in videos mostly, when it's panning, I see this odd error that no matter what decoder options I use, I see. Is this related? It's...hard to say, it's almost like ghosting, but it was not like this previously.
I have no idea what you mean. Scan lines are a totally different issue.
06-01-2013, 11:21 AM (Last edited: 06-01-2013, 11:24 AM by Mkilbride)
Hmm, you mean the black lines issue? I know of those.

I just have an issue with it looking 115HZ one second, and then looking 60HZ the next.

i.e, super smooth and fluid 115, then kinda jerky 60. I didn't have this issue with videos prior to my last format. It's quite odd. Perhaps my Cable got screwed somewhere. Maybe I should buy a new one and test or switch which card my cable is plugged into. This "Flickering scanlines" you've mentioned seems to be my issue.

It's a Yamakasi Catleap Pro 2B from 120HZ net.
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM (Last edited: 06-21-2013, 11:01 AM by fordmustang68gt)
I received my new Overlord OC 27 inch monitor and was pretty excited. I followed, carefully, the instruction for overclocking using your Patch for Nvidia. I have 670 FTW in SLI format. After carefully following the instruction, it will only run up to 88 htz. I can try 100, but when trying to load Modern Warefare-Warfighter, I can hear it, but not see it. If I drop down to 88 htz, it loads fine. What I have found, which is strange, is that when I go to options in the game, it shows 120 htz. Any explaination

After more investigation I found that when accessing Orgin or Steam, I must have my monitor set on 88 hz. However, when I get to the game, it shows 120 htz or I edit under video and set it to 120 hz and it runs with no issues. Other games that can be launched from the desk top, such at World of Tanks, will work if the desk top is adjusted to 120 HZ without any issues. It appears the patch is working fine and the monitor is performing as advertised. No dead pixels, great color. I had a 30 inch Dell so I am adjusting to the smaller screen, but the color is even sharper.
06-23-2013, 04:45 PM (Last edited: 06-23-2013, 05:18 PM by Ninjawithagun)
Pixel patcher 1.5 does NOT work with Windows 8 64-bit when running my two GTX680s in SLI with the 320.18 drivers. What happened? I thought the patch worked with this version of drivers?? I guess it's time for an update!
06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
It should work with 320.18. What exactly isn't working? Did you use the full patch for SLI?

(06-20-2013 10:23 AM)fordmustang68gt Wrote:  After more investigation I found that when accessing Orgin or Steam, I must have my monitor set on 88 hz.
That's not a known issue. I don't know why you're experiencing that.
06-27-2013, 12:54 AM (Last edited: 06-27-2013, 12:56 AM by Ninjawithagun)
(06-24-2013 12:24 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  It should work with 320.18. What exactly isn't working? Did you use the full patch for SLI?

Hey ToastX,

Yup, I used the full SLI patch. But, when I restart my computer for the patch to take effect the NVidia drivers are no longer recognized and the NVidia control panel is gone. When I execute the patch again to restore the default settings and restart the computer, the NVidia Control panel comes back and the drivers work normally. Unfortunately, I am then not able to run 120Hz in SLI Sad

Also, something else I wanted to point out is that the Test Mode patch does not work in Windows 8 Pro. Not sure why, but I get a message that states "Test Mode Failed".

So, in the end all of your patches work perfectly in Windows 7, but not in Windows 8. Hopefully you can resolve these issues soon!
06-27-2013, 11:20 AM
(06-27-2013 07:57 AM)fordmustang68gt Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 10:23 AM)fordmustang68gt Wrote:  After more investigation I found that when accessing Orgin or Steam, I must have my monitor set on 88 hz.
That's not a known issue. I don't know why you're experiencing that.

I did use the full patch as I figured it would be required, especially with SLI. I actually attempted it twice as I noted the issue with 88 hz vs 120 hz. The funny thing is that is works fine in-game, but I am wondering if it has something to do with launching Orgins and Steam. If I have it set to 120 hz and launch World of Tanks, I do not have any issues. Just through a third party.

I wanted to add that I downloaded the Beta drivers last night 6/26/2013. I have not tried Overclocking to 120 hz and then launching Orgins. I will try that tonight. The only way I can get the monitor to 120 hz normally is through Nvidia Control Panel. But as I stated earler, the games won't launch in Orgins or Steam, but will with World of Tanks. Howver, games in Orgins show I am running 120 hz.
06-28-2013, 10:08 AM
I installed the Beta drivers from Nvidia and it was a major issue. I did try making the native hz for the monitor at 120 hz, but it was an issue running anything. Beta drivers appear to have been the problem as when I backed off to the 320.18, everything went back to normal in that I was able to launch Orgins. It still will not launch properly with the native set at 120 hz, even though it will recognize 120 hz in-game under options for Modern Warfare-Warfighter. Also for Battlefield 3. Very odd, but it is a third party and it may have issues working with such a high overclock monitor. Any one else having the same issues out there? The games load if I keep the native at 88 hz.
06-28-2013, 10:24 AM
(06-27-2013 12:54 AM)Ninjawithagun Wrote:  Yup, I used the full SLI patch. But, when I restart my computer for the patch to take effect the NVidia drivers are no longer recognized and the NVidia control panel is gone.
That's because test mode is not enabled. The patch definitely works with Windows 8.

(06-27-2013 12:54 AM)Ninjawithagun Wrote:  Also, something else I wanted to point out is that the Test Mode patch does not work in Windows 8 Pro. Not sure why, but I get a message that states "Test Mode Failed".
The test mode program should work in Windows 8. It's the same as typing "bcdedit /set testsigning on" in an elevated command prompt. If typing it in manually doesn't work, then you have an unusual boot configuration.

If you're dual booting, the boot store might be on a another partition. You'll have to run Disk Management and assign the partition to a drive letter, then run a command prompt as administrator and specify the boot store manually: bcdedit /store X:\Boot\BCD /set testsigning on

Also, make sure secure boot is not enabled in the BIOS because that will prevent test mode from working in Windows 8.