How do you find the limit of your monitor?
12-05-2022, 02:20 AM
RE: How do you find the limit of your monitor?
(12-04-2022 06:50 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The NVIDIA pixel clock patcher is for DVI and HDMI 1.x only, and if your laptop has an Intel CPU, it's probably using the Intel GPU to handle the display. Newer laptops often use eDP internally. DisplayPort is packet-based and only runs at fixed speeds, so it can't be overclocked the same way.

GPU-Z will tell you the DisplayPort link rate and number of lanes in the "Advanced" tab if the GPU's driver reports that information: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

Ah, I've checked the Advanced tab and it seems that the driver will not tell me the Link and Lane information. I am using GPU-Z 2.35 instead of the latest version, 2.51, but I don't think that will change anything if I update the program.

Also, my laptop is using the Intel GPU to handle the display. It does not have a MUX switch.

Anyways, I think I need to cut my loses and invest in a monitor. Thank you for your response!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you find the limit of your monitor? - kjfdalkfafjdla - 12-05-2022 02:20 AM