Parts required for overclocking LG IPS panels?
02-28-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Parts required for overclocking LG IPS panels?
(02-25-2015 01:10 PM)Miskonius Wrote:  Have you tried G-Sync monitors? And if you did is there any difference between them and our "custom" monitors if they work on 120Hz with constant 120fps?
Not in terms of technicalities but in terms of personal experience.
No, I have not tried G-Sync, but a consistent high frame rate is always preferred where possible. 120 FPS at 120 Hz with vsync and backlight strobing would produce the smoothest and clearest motion. G-Sync is more useful when a consistent high frame rate isn't possible.

(02-25-2015 01:10 PM)Miskonius Wrote:  I was also following AMD's Freesync to some degree and a thought came to me, is there a PCB that supports VESA standard which will be required for Freesync to work?
Or to put it better is there or will it be there a custom part that will enable Freesync for those who have these Korean monitors and AMD cards?
The DisplayPort PCBs might already be capable, but I don't know how to enable FreeSync in the driver. FreeSync also requires one of the newer AMD cards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parts required for overclocking LG IPS panels? - ToastyX - 02-28-2015 04:27 PM