Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
07-03-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Hello, and many thanks for your work!
I am using this program with my Benq XL2411T monitor and an Radeon 7970 card (Catalyst 13.6 beta 2).
Installation went fine. After restart the Lightboost mode was turned on automatic. However, when I fire up the game DiRT 2 the monitor jumps back to standard mode. Tried to manually change the refresh rate to 120Hz in the game graphics settings and restart the game, but no success. Alt-tabbing into Windows brings back Lightboost, but nothing I tried kept it on while the game was in full screen. I played the game in window mode just to get a feel for what Lightboost does and I was very impressed.
One more thing. Sometimes when I first start the computer, strobelight.exe turns out an error message saying that no compatible monitor was detected. After I click Retry everything is ok, Lightboost activates. Perhaps something can be done so that this message no longer appears.

Here is an idea for a new feature: ability to load a custom color profile when Lightboost activates, and fallback to standard color profile when its off. Perhaps adding built-in custom colour profiles for some of the well known Lightboost monitors can also be done.
Sadly my Benq monitor makes white nuances turn slightly reddish and blue into purple ones.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - r3lu84 - 07-03-2013 08:28 AM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM