Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
08-09-2013, 04:31 AM (Last edited: 08-09-2013, 08:46 AM by billymonstar)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
I have a few questions. I own two BenQ XL2420Ts. I am using strobelight to enable LB and I am loving it so far. This is amazing.

During setup I added/installed two refresh rates:

120Hz strobed
121Hz non-strobed

----------------------------

I figure that was my toggle, for on and off. It bothered me that there was no 120Hz for non-strobed - is that usually how it works? is 121hz safe for when I'm on desktop and don't need LB?

Another thing, when strobe is enabled my desktop looks dark (even at max, 100% brightness set, colors a bit gray) but ingame is fine. Also grids are seen on my screen at desktop with strobing on. It's fine when I Ctrl Alt - and switch to 121hz nonstrobe.

EDIT: I tested this using CoD: Black Ops 2, when played BO2 the 3d light on my XL2420 went off even if strobing was on but goes back on when I alt tabbed. Now enabled strobing in CS:GO the screen ingame stayed darkened (color was a bit grayed) like on desktop and those 'grids' still remained ingame whereas in BO2 the brightness and color seemed to be normal. Does that mean LB is not working in BO2?

Another thing is that I am "Unable to save display settings" when I try to duplicate monitor 1 and monitor 2 (both BenQ XL2420Ts)- nor does it let me extend desktop to monitor 3 (40" Vizio). One of my BenQs is used with an Avermedia Live Gamer HD cap card so I duplicate 1 and 2 and use 3 as my desktop extension.

EDIT: all 3 monitors are listed in Nvidia Control Panel > Setup Multiple Display. But only Monitor 2 (Main BenQ monitor that I play on) is checked. When I try to check the rest PC freezes up.

Any help or insight on how to setup Strobelight and reconfig my multiple monitor setup would be much appreciated!

~billy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - billymonstar - 08-09-2013 04:31 AM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM