ToastyX, can you help me? (EDID recovery)
10-17-2015, 06:21 AM (Last edited: 10-17-2015, 06:58 AM by falkentyne)
RE: ToastyX, can you help me? (EDID recovery)
(10-17-2015 05:11 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I'm not sure how it got changed in the first place. Normally the EDID is write-protected on the VG248QE, so I'm not sure if you can easily change it back without a hardware modification, and you'll also need an older video card: http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-b...dware-mod/

Maybe you can try hex-editing the XL2420Z firmware file and replace all the EDIDs in the file with the VG248QE DVI EDID. Then hopefully it will have the correct EDID when you flash it back with the VG248QE firmware. EDIDs always start with 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 and are 256 bytes with the extension block. You can get the original EDID from the other VG248QE using MonInfo. Save it as a .bin file to get the raw bytes.

Thank you, I'll try that later.

But why wouldn't there be any EDID information in the dumped firmware?

ToastyX,can I send you over the RAW firmware file for the VG248QE? (if there's a way to send it to you). And why wouldn't the edid information be in the dumped firmware, when it is saved and dumped in the Benq firmware (I tested the backup the mstar unit made and its byte for byte identical to the one benq supplies to some people if they ask...except the backup files are always 2 MB with FF byted empty space at the end.

(To clarify I went through the dumped VG248QE firmware and there was no mention of "EDID" anywhere in the bin file.

However there were several sections with "EDID" in the Benq, so the Benq somehow saves the EDID in the firmware when you dump it.
Yet the VG248QE doesn't). Pretty strange...

I'll dump it later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ToastyX, can you help me? (EDID recovery) - falkentyne - 10-17-2015 06:21 AM