The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

QNIX qx2710 Overclocking issues
10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
QNIX qx2710 Overclocking issues
I recently Purchased a Qnix QX2710 based on its positive reputation as being quite overclock-able, I however have found it to not be overclockable at all. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get past the post screen when I enter a custom refresh rate into the CRU

Perhaps I should start from the beginning

1- First I plug a duel dvi cable into the primary card of my cross-fired (with 2 crossfire-cables) Gigabyte 7970Ghz

2- I then run the patcher (Cata-13.10 beta V2) which now lists all drivers as "all ready patched"

3- I then open CRU and using the default 60hz profile as a base I create a new profile at refresh rates 61, 62, 96 (does not seem to matter what I enter), I then move this new profile to the top of the list

4- I reboot my PCI and when I get the splash screen (Windows welcome) the monitor blacks out and the power button switches from blue to red after displaying the message "DVI-power saving". I should note the sound continues to play in the background, its not as like the computer has become unresponsive

5- The only way I can actually enter my desktop is to enter safe mode and run "reset-all". I should note that even if I remove the created profile (Without running reset all) the problem persists. I have to run reset-all in safemode to get my computer working normally.

I have tried a few things already such as changing DVI cables, running in and out of test mode, activating EDID under CCC, deactivating crossfire and running with and without include extension block

I am really at my wits end and I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
QNIX qx2710 Overclocking issues - niccroetger - 10-02-2013 11:51 AM