The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

120hz no more, I'm stumped.
10-18-2016, 11:29 AM
120hz no more, I'm stumped.
Ok Ill try and be concise with dot/bullet points, Also I think I've narrowed it down to the mini display port so If i'm not meant to post this here (guessing that would constitute a hardware issue) I'm sorry.

* I bought a 2nd hand 120hz monitor to play Overwatch as my new laptop can only display 60hz (Alienware AW2310)
* I plugged it in and both windows and nVidia CP saw it as 120hz but when I clicked apply on either it crapped out..
* I managed to create a custom res w/NCP @95 hz and figured its a huge improvement and the monitor was cheap so it will do for now.
* Then I loaded Overwatch and to my amazement it ran at 130hz!! (Both FRAPS and in game counter had the same 130FPS) So I figured that was fine, Windows was 95hz but the game ran so that's all I cared about.
* A few days later I updated nVidia Control Panel and that's where tings go down hill, Now I'm rocking a sweet 60hz again... Shits out as soon as its over 62hz!! It no longer has the drop down box option for anything over 60hz.

After reinstalling windows and rolling back (and forward) drivers I'm still in the same spot. By this time I'm thinking it has to be the mini DP not being able to send that much data. Have a look at the attached pic and tell me if it should say Dual Link or DVI-D as I didn't pay any attention once I got it working before.

Laptop is a Clevo i7 6700HQ/16GB/1070GTX

Also when I first plugged it in windows knew it was a 3D monitor and now it doesn't say that in display settings at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you think the monitor has just crapped it that's cool, I just want to resolve this as it was a recent eBay purchase and if I cant get it to work I want to take it back.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
120hz no more, I'm stumped. - bupeNdex - 10-18-2016 11:29 AM
RE: 120hz no more, I'm stumped. - ToastyX - 10-18-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: 120hz no more, I'm stumped. - bupeNdex - 10-18-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: 120hz no more, I'm stumped. - ToastyX - 10-19-2016, 06:12 AM