The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe?
07-31-2017, 12:01 AM (Last edited: 07-31-2017, 12:32 AM by gran172)
Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe?
So basically I used CRU to overclock my monitor to 75hz, I had to use LCD Reduced mode (which lowers pixel clock, because otherwise it was unstable).

I remember being able to overclock with factory pixel clocks to 70-74hz before, now after months of using a reduced pixel clock, my monitor only overclocks to about 65-66hz.

Weird thing is, monitor works just fine at 75hz with the reduced pixel clock, no frame skipping and I saw artifacts only once (which was weird, never happened again after that).

So, is this degradation? Should I be safe to keep running at 75hz on a lower pixel clock, or should I just leave everything at stock?

I searched everywhere to read some more about monitor overclocking and pixel clocks but found nothing.

So I just downloaded Toasty's Pixel Patcher and I'm now able to get 74hz without changing timings at all, I'm guessing I should be fine?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe? - gran172 - 07-31-2017 12:01 AM