Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe?
07-31-2017, 10:05 PM (Last edited: 07-31-2017, 10:06 PM by gran172)
RE: Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe?
(07-31-2017 09:37 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  75 Hz would not degrade a typical monitor. What monitor is this? What video card do you have? Are you using DVI? HDMI? DisplayPort? What resolution are you talking about? What do you mean by unstable?

Hey mate, so I installed your pixel clock patcher and now my monitor overclocks just fine to 74hz without using LCD reduced, so I'm guessing I should be good haha, thanks for taking your time to answer Smile

LG22MP55, GTX 1060 6Gb, DVI-D (can't remember if SL or DL), 1080p. When I was at 75hz with LCD Reduced I would get some small artifacts (I think those were artifacts, my desktop wallpaper was black and there were some small coloured pixels that were not supossed to be there).

By the way, I've been trying to find info on the topic everywhere but I can't seem to find any good info, what's the impact of reducing pixel clock on a monitor overclock?

You seem to recommend to use LCD Standard, but default timings (in CRU it appears as "Manual") puts me at 183mhz on 74hz, LCD Standard puts me at 172mhz on 74hz and LCD Reduced puts me at 165mhz on 74hz, which one should I use?

Also, any reason why you recommend to use LCD Standard while if you overclock your display with the Nvidia CP it uses higher pixel clock values than LCD Standard? (NVCP would use 183mhz, while LCD Standard on CRU would use 172mhz).

Sorry if I asked too many questions, I just couldn't find any good info on the topic and you seem to know your stuff. Once again, thanks for taking your time to read.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe? - gran172 - 07-31-2017 10:05 PM