Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe?
08-02-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe?
(08-01-2017 04:22 PM)gran172 Wrote:  Actually, my monitor has Dual Link DVI-D (got my displays name wrong, it's actually a LG 22MP55D) but I'm using a Single Link DVI-D cable, not sure if that has any impact on anything? The NVCP says I'm using a DVI-D Dual Link connection though (at least that's what the little picture shows).
The monitor has single-link DVI. The video card has dual-link DVI. The video card doesn't detect what the monitor has. DVI normally sends a dual-link signal beyond 165 MHz without the patch.

(08-01-2017 04:22 PM)gran172 Wrote:  I see, so when I got those "artifacts" at 74hz while using LCD Reduced, could it be that the pixel clock was actually too low so it wouldn't display all the pixels correctly, because of not having enough bandwidth?
No, the totals always includes all the pixels, so there's always enough bandwidth. The monitor might not be able to handle lower values because of processing limitations, but that's monitor-specific.

(08-01-2017 04:22 PM)gran172 Wrote:  EDIT: Actually, I tested 75hz with LCD Standard three times, one it was fine but the other two I got "no signal", that's kinda weird, should I just keep it at 74hz?
Sometimes if you're at the edge of what the monitor will accept, it will work sometimes and not others. Usually this is a monitor-specific limitation and not a pixel clock limitation. Sometimes different timing parameters can help even if the pixel clock is higher, so check if "LCD native" works better for 75 Hz. If not, use 74 Hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monitor Degradation? Is my OC safe? - ToastyX - 08-02-2017 01:13 AM