1080p @ 144 hz on 1440p monitor and AMD card - can't get full screen scaling???
04-13-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: 1080p @ 144 hz on 1440p monitor and AMD card - can't get full screen scaling???
Resolutions listed in CRU are sent to the monitor, so the monitor handles the scaling for those resolutions unless GPU scaling is enabled in AMD's driver. The driver also adds some common lower resolutions as scaled resolutions, so the GPU handles scaling for those resolutions. If you add 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz with CRU, it will be sent to the monitor, but as I said, the monitor might not support it. If you edit the extension block, you can see the other resolutions and data blocks the monitor has defined. The pixel clock patcher does not affect DisplayPort or scaling, and it's easy to undo by running it again. Upgrading or reinstalling AMD's driver also removes the patch. As I mentioned, AMD's driver has had issues scaling some resolutions with older cards, especially at higher resolutions and refresh rates, so I'm not surprised by this. Newer cards like the RX 580/570 might not have the problem, but you might be better off getting an NVIDIA card so you can take advantage of G-SYNC, and NVIDIA typically doesn't have scaling problems like this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1080p @ 144 hz on 1440p monitor and AMD card - can't get full screen scaling??? - ToastyX - 04-13-2019 09:47 PM