Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-04-2016, 04:59 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-03-2016 04:11 AM)MightyUnit Wrote:  EDIT: so I tried to write the EDID. It seemed to work but after power cycling the monitor the original edid is back in there.
Does it fix the detection problem as long as you don't power off the monitor?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 10:29 PM
(01-04-2016 04:59 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does it fix the detection problem as long as you don't power off the monitor?

Toasty it seems to fix the detection issue so long as I do not power cycle the display after writing dnd9220-2560x1600.edid to it. One thing I find odd is that after the flash CRU sees the display but lists no detailed resolutions
[Image: http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab224/mightyunit/CRU_zpsvbqww78v.jpg]
01-05-2016, 01:36 AM (Last edited: 01-05-2016, 01:40 AM by MightyUnit)
Nvidia got back to me: "Unfortunately it looks like we'll need to get a bug filed for the team to look into on this, we started seeing issues with some of these off brand imported monitors last year and for whatever reason the specs on these monitors have display detection issues.

If the team is able to address it, it will be released in a future driver version."

Here is hoping that they can sort it out. I also have a QNIX 2710 LED and it works as it should.
01-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Hi

I've followed all the steps on page 1. But when I go to this website, it says I'm still running at 60hz.

Any ideas?

Thanks
01-05-2016, 05:49 PM
(01-05-2016 10:27 AM)bloodninja93 Wrote:  I've followed all the steps on page 1. But when I go to this website, it says I'm still running at 60hz.
Did you set the new refresh rate in the Windows screen resolution settings? If the test is not displaying the correct refresh rate, then it's a frame rate issue with the browser. The test relies on the browser to synchronize with the monitor, but there are situations where that doesn't work correctly. Make sure to read the prerequisites on this page: http://testufo.com/browser.html
01-05-2016, 06:53 PM
(01-04-2016 10:29 PM)MightyUnit Wrote:  Toasty it seems to fix the detection issue so long as I do not power cycle the display after writing dnd9220-2560x1600.edid to it. One thing I find odd is that after the flash CRU sees the display but lists no detailed resolutions
It looks like the flash didn't work. "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" means the driver is not receiving an EDID from the monitor, or the EDID is bad, but then 2560x1600 shouldn't be available without an EDID override. You can replicate this by cutting pins 6 and 7 from the DVI cable: https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=dvi+edid+pins
01-05-2016, 07:03 PM
At this point I am not sure what else I can try. Should I try to flash an EDID with an extension block? The ones you converted did not any extension block, would that have anything to do with the bad flash? How do I convert the raw data myself after I export a .bin with CRU? Should I use Linux to try to flash or a dos program called ddcw? I am sorry my questions and ignorance to not quit.

I just want to say Thanks ToastyX for humoring me and trying to help. I realize that I have been posting in a thread that really was not meant for posts like mine (not really related to creating a custom resolution with CRU). Thank you for trying to help me anyway.
01-05-2016, 08:42 PM
(01-05-2016 07:03 PM)MightyUnit Wrote:  At this point I am not sure what else I can try. Should I try to flash an EDID with an extension block? The ones you converted did not any extension block, would that have anything to do with the bad flash?
You shouldn't need an extension block, and I don't know if the EEPROM on the monitor has enough space for one.

(01-05-2016 07:03 PM)MightyUnit Wrote:  How do I convert the raw data myself after I export a .bin with CRU?
Export a .dat file and use a text editor to remove the headings. Then replace the spaces with tabs, but you might not need to do that. The program might accept spaces.

(01-05-2016 07:03 PM)MightyUnit Wrote:  Should I use Linux to try to flash or a dos program called ddcw? I am sorry my questions and ignorance to not quit.
I would try what falkentyne recommended. You should be able to do it from an Ubuntu live CD/USB drive. I don't know if ddcw works with newer video cards.

(01-05-2016 07:03 PM)MightyUnit Wrote:  I just want to say Thanks ToastyX for humoring me and trying to help. I realize that I have been posting in a thread that really was not meant for posts like mine (not really related to creating a custom resolution with CRU). Thank you for trying to help me anyway.
Actually, you can use CRU with the cable trick to make it work with Windows, but you might not be able to see the boot screens.
01-06-2016, 04:38 AM (Last edited: 01-06-2016, 04:39 AM by cratapos)
Here my issue I described it on an other forum.
Windows 10, old computer dell xps 702x 3D Nvidia 555 optimus disabled by hardware latest Nvidia drivers patched with NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher I can get 4K resolution 3840X2160 @30htz on an external Seiki but the fonts rendering are terrible cannot read anything If I connect it with a USB 3.0 to 4K HDMI everything look good I do not know what to do exactly to fix this??
01-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Hello, I have the Benq XL2411Z, and play CSGO.
I usually use native resolution 1920x1080 @ 144hz in Windows 10, and change to play at 1024x768 @ 144hz stretched.
The problem is that I do scaling from NVIDIA - GPU. and I wish I could do the scaling from NVIDIA - Display, to remove the Input - Lag.
I do not like having to sacrifice the 144hz, but if there is no choice ...

Thanks