ReForce - not working with Window 8.1, replacement?
05-10-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: ReForce - not working with Window 8.1, replacement?
Hi, sorry for late reply. I do some testing and experimenting. I have Windows 8.1 U1 x64 + GeForce GTX 770 (335.23). I was able to set only modes that I want. Thank you for this application.

Yet...

My main goal was to force 85Hz/100Hz/120Hz for ANY resolution that support those high display refresh values, like ReForce application do. Note that it doesn't mean "force every game to run with my maximum supported resolution and refresh rate".

So now, after CRU tweaks (and use driver restarter) Child of Light is forced to use my "maximum supported resolution and refresh rate that is bound to it". When you take look at the "Options" in this game, you cannot change resolution - i guess that is the results of EDID override.

Even if this is not exactly what I want, It's better than nothing and actually good alternative. So thank you for you great tool!

P.S. Can you tell me one thing? It is possible to write "ReForce2" from scratch to add Windows 8.x support?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ReForce - not working with Window 8.1, replacement? - AL|EN - 05-10-2014 07:24 PM