ReForce - not working with Window 8.1, replacement?
05-12-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: ReForce - not working with Window 8.1, replacement?
I'm not sure what you mean. CRU doesn't force the maximum supported resolution. It only defines what resolutions are supported by the monitor. You should be able to use any resolution that's available in Windows.

If GPU scaling is disabled, you should be able to define what refresh rate you want for each resolution separately. The only issue is the driver might try to add refresh rates from higher resolutions to lower resolutions, which I don't have control over.

If GPU scaling is enabled, the refresh rates you define for the native resolution should be available at any lower resolution.

(05-10-2014 07:24 PM)AL|EN Wrote:  P.S. Can you tell me one thing? It is possible to write "ReForce2" from scratch to add Windows 8.x support?
I don't know if there's a way to do what ReForce does in Windows 7/8. I thought about making a forced resolution utility where only one resolution is active at a time, but it would be a lot of work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ReForce - not working with Window 8.1, replacement? - ToastyX - 05-12-2014 02:59 PM