Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
03-05-2017, 10:42 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(03-01-2017 11:41 PM)PedroGomes Wrote:  I figured out that for Strobelight to work I need to disable Surround on the Nvidia control panel and then enable and reconfigure.

If I restart the PC Strobelight stops working with Surround and I need to disable Surround and reconfigure once more.
After LightBoost is unlocked, Strobelight just acts as a refresh rate switcher. Are the refresh rates only available after disabling and enabling Surround? If so, that needs to be reported to NVIDIA. I'm not sure if they care because this has been broken since 331.40.

(03-01-2017 11:41 PM)PedroGomes Wrote:  EDIT: By using CTRL+ALT+R or CTRL+ALT+S I can toggle Surround off and on and that enables Lightboost. However it would be great If when I switch from my single work monitor (a 4th one) to the triple surround setup Lightboost would enable on it's own. If anyone has an idea to get this working I'd sincerely appreciate it.
I don't know what you mean by switching from a single work monitor to the triple surround setup. How is the switching done? You didn't mention having a 4th monitor before. Are all the other monitors disabled when you switch to the 4th monitor? Strobelight wasn't designed to deal with switching display configurations, but Windows is supposed to remember the last refresh rate for each particular display configuration.

(03-01-2017 11:41 PM)PedroGomes Wrote:  EDIT2: I also noticed I can't select Strobing On or Off on the taskbar Icon, maybe that's related? Reinitialize Displays and the Brightness settings work.
Are the strobing options grayed out or do they just not do anything? The strobing options just change the refresh rate, so Strobelight needs to start after Surround is enabled to have the correct list of displays and refresh rates. Reinitializing after enabling Surround should also make the strobing options work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - ToastyX - 03-05-2017 10:42 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM