The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Catleap/QNIX/Tempest/X-Star monitor .inf files
04-17-2017, 12:00 AM (Last edited: 11-24-2019, 05:12 PM by ToastyX)
Catleap/QNIX/Tempest/X-Star monitor .inf files
These monitor .inf files are required for some games to recognize higher refresh rates when adding custom resolutions using the NVIDIA control panel. They are not required when using CRU or with AMD, but they can be installed anyway to change the monitor name listed in Device Manager. The files can also be edited with Notepad to set whatever name you want.

Catleap Q270: catleap.zip
QNIX QX2710: qnix.zip
Tempest X270OC: tempest.zip
X-Star DP2710: x-star.zip

The .inf files are not digitally signed and can only be installed with driver signature enforcement disabled: Start menu > Settings (cogwheel icon) > Update & security > Recovery (on the left) > Restart now (on the right under "Advanced startup") > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > Press 7

Install using Device Manager: Monitors > Right-click "Generic PnP Monitor" > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Have Disk... > Browse for the .inf file > OK > Next > Install this driver software anyway

After installing, restart to enable driver signature enforcement again.

A message from ToastyX:

Over the years, I have created various monitor-related software and provided support for free. I would like to continue providing updates and work on new ideas, but I need your support. If you find my software useful, please consider supporting me through Patreon:

[Image: patreon.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Catleap/QNIX/Tempest/X-Star monitor .inf files - ToastyX - 04-17-2017 12:00 AM