4k at 60hz unavailable after AMD 19.7.5
05-20-2020, 04:38 PM
4k at 60hz unavailable after AMD 19.7.5
I'm at my whits end here.

I have attached system info in the attachments.

I have 3 seiki 4k 60hz tv connected by mini DP to HDMI and good quality HDMI 2.0 cables.

Let me be very clear here, this worked just fine up to and including AMD 19.7.5.

Any driver after 19.7.5 The display reports the refresh rate 30hz and the 30hz makes my head hurt.

I contacted AMD support and explained the problem sent them all kinds of data and they said they might fix it in a future release Dodgy

I found the AMD patcher today and thought I would try again since I had to reinstall windows completely yesterday anyway.

Ran the patcher, no errors, ran CRU built the custom 4k 60hz config (tried LCD standard, native, and reduced) I still cant get above 30hz.

Any suggestions besides going back? the new driver/software does have some improvement I like.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2020, 05:21 PM
RE: 4k at 60hz unavailable after AMD 19.7.5
I don't see a way around that.
05-27-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: 4k at 60hz unavailable after AMD 19.7.5
Update: After some more research I bought some 8k HDMI cables. With the new cables the resolution works as expected and the color looks better.

I can't say I fully understand why but I guess either AMD / Windows made the overhead higher or cable fatigue?