basic question
04-21-2014, 04:25 PM (Last edited: 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM by jaxxe)
basic question
so im playing counter strike: global offensive and i want to get the highest frames per second possible with my monitor/gpu/cpu.

i was using the strobelight application, but sometimes this would cause black-screen, and when i tried to install the catalyst 14.3 beta driver i could not properly restart my computer to make the changes take effect due to the black-screen.

monitor: benq xl2420te
GPU: msi radeon hd r7770pmd1gd5
cpu: amd athlon ii x4 640 (4 cores 4 threads)

what is the best setup to use? i see the custom res utility, and i'm using DVI-D to connect my gpu to my monitor. any information that needs to be added just let me know. i prefer to play on 1360x768. i average 110 fps in-game with all settings on low, and multi-core rendering enabled.

i've run the blurbusters motion tests and i could properly configure for 120hz 120fps at any speeds.
i also tried overclocking using MSI's utility, but im very new to overclocking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: basic question
(04-21-2014 04:25 PM)jaxxe Wrote:  i was using the strobelight application, but sometimes this would cause black-screen, and when i tried to install the catalyst 14.3 beta driver i could not properly restart my computer to make the changes take effect due to the black-screen.
I don't know what you mean. You shouldn't be getting black screens. Where does this happen?

(04-21-2014 04:25 PM)jaxxe Wrote:  what is the best setup to use? i see the custom res utility, and i'm using DVI-D to connect my gpu to my monitor. any information that needs to be added just let me know. i prefer to play on 1360x768. i average 110 fps in-game with all settings on low, and multi-core rendering enabled.
I don't know what you're asking. 144/120/100 Hz should work out of the box. You shouldn't have to do anything. Frame rates depend mostly on the GPU, game settings, and the resolution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply