Acer XR342CK: adjusting freesync range over HDMI
04-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Acer XR342CK: adjusting freesync range over HDMI
Long story short, I've been having loss of display issues over DP upon boot using a certified DP cable (I've checked two other DP cables including accel and amphenol), and have since switched to the hdmi 2.0 input on my xr342ck which for one reason or another completely remedies the issue.

When testing using the DP cable I was able to adjust my freesync minimum down to 42hz from the stock 48hz, for an overall range of 42-75hz without any black screening during loads below, above, and inside the fps threshold. Since switching to HDMI I have be able to set the minimum refresh rate as low as 40hz without any loss of signal using CRU to edit; CRU 1.3, edit the extension block for the monitor, then edit the data block for freesync range.

I checked a few games and all seemed to be working properly from 40-75 hz. Shut my pc off for the night and when I went to start my pc up, it would boot but there was no signal to the monitor. With the pc still on I unplugged and plugged the hdmi cable back in and the monitor displays a signal with no further issues. I then tried to adjust the minimum up in 1hz steps until I arrived back at the standard 48hz minimum, yet the monitor would not display a signal upon boot (reinserting the hdmi still cable still worked). It was not until I completely reinstalled Adrenalin that my monitor would behave normally.

Is there something im missing in terms of creating resolutions or adjusting another setting to avoid this weird boot issue while using HDMI? The only problem seems to be the no signal upon boot.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Acer XR342CK: adjusting freesync range over HDMI
When changing the low end, you don't have to do anything except edit the range. The only thing that seems odd is why is the HDMI max TMDS clock set to 600 MHz? It should be 340 MHz max. HDMI 2.0 is fine at 600 Mcsc.
04-04-2018, 07:53 PM
(04-02-2018 06:08 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  When changing the low end, you don't have to do anything except edit the range. The only thing that seems odd is why is the HDMI max TMDS clock set to 600 MHz? It should be 340 MHz max. HDMI 2.0 is fine at 600 Mcsc.

That's what the monitor reads by default when I open CRU after a fresh driver install of Adrenalin. Could that cause the issue of no signal/blackscreen when restarting after adjusting the freesync range.

I'm confused as to why I have no issues running 2-4 hours with freesync enabled in game after editing the minimum refresh rate, but as soon as I restart I get no signal/blackscreen until I replug the HDMI cord in.
04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
(04-04-2018 07:53 PM)rv8000 Wrote:  That's what the monitor reads by default when I open CRU after a fresh driver install of Adrenalin. Could that cause the issue of no signal/blackscreen when restarting after adjusting the freesync range.
I don't know, but try setting it to 340 MHz to see if it makes a difference.