Black screen laptop
11-10-2021, 05:15 AM
Black screen laptop
Made the mistake of deleting the resolutions thinking it would reset back to normal, the laptop(lenovo y50-70) now turns on immediately and seems like I can't access the bios.
Things I tried so far are using external monitor via hdmi port, leaving the battery and cmos battery disconnected, plugging a usb stick and a usb cdrom to boot windows but it nothing works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2021, 02:09 AM
RE: Black screen laptop
CRU does not modify the hardware, so it shouldn't affect the BIOS or anything outside of Windows. If an external monitor doesn't show anything and you can't boot from another drive, then it sounds like there's a hardware issue. Deleting the resolutions would only make the driver pick a default resolution, so it shouldn't break anything.
12-11-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Black screen laptop
Have you tried this: turn off the device, unplug power cord, hold power button 10-20 sec to flush, then turn it back on.
And consider updating your laptop. I've been using it for 5 years as well, and it's one loud mofo. The battery can't last 4 hours on windows 10 so I didn't bother buying a new one Smile