CRU resolutions not showing up, above 165mhz, patcher applied.
07-27-2020, 07:21 AM
CRU resolutions not showing up, above 165mhz, patcher applied.
I bought a dummy plug. It plugs into the display port. It has no cable, or monitor. It simply has an edid. It is recognized as a DVI single link when connected. Same as if you used a DVI to display port adapter.

After using the nvldm patcher I am able to make the resolution 4k@90hz in the nvidia control panel. It works as expected.

The problem is that nvidia custom resolutions do not show up in my game. This usually isn't a problem as I would just create them in CRU, BUT

If I make any resolutions in CRU that is above 165mhz they do not show up in the nvidia control panel. In fact, the dummy plug's edid itself has a resolution above 165mhz, and even that one does not show up!

I want resolutions above 165mhz made in CRU to show up. How do I fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2020, 08:34 AM (Last edited: 07-27-2020, 08:34 AM by ELK)
RE: CRU resolutions not showing up, above 165mhz, patcher applied.
I tried cloning my edid from my main monitor using seperate software to use with my dummy plug.

Even though EDID 1.4 has information of connection type (It is set to display port) nvidia still seems to know that this is a dvi single link and I'm limited to 165mhz lol
07-28-2020, 01:18 AM
It means there's another driver limit that the patcher doesn't patch. Try this with 446.14: https://www.monitortests.com/test/nvlddm...r-test.zip
07-29-2020, 01:27 AM
I tested with incorrect older version 445.98 and it didn't work. I'll have to update my drivers to that specific version and give it another try.
07-30-2020, 03:28 AM
(07-28-2020 01:18 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  It means there's another driver limit that the patcher doesn't patch. Try this with 446.14: https://www.monitortests.com/test/nvlddm...r-test.zip

I tried that patcher with version 446.14. It still doesn't work Sad
07-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Try adding an HDMI support data block in the extension block. If there isn't an extension block, add a CEA-861 extension block.