Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
03-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Sad RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
its work
my native resolution in win10 is 1024x768 and changed to 1600x1200

but i accidentally run reset-all.exe then it became not work again.
i have reupdate and restart graphic card, restart and shutdown PC but still not work

please help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2018, 04:49 PM (Last edited: 03-14-2018, 04:50 PM by Mrmofo)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
hey guys i need a little help.
I am using a 4k samsung tv as a monitor. i have been trying to get 4k @ 60hz with no luck. But while trying to get this to work with CRU. alot of my other resolutions are deleted somehow. ive tried to restore everything back to defaults. reinstalled display driver etc. ran the reset-all exe. now all that shows up in window 10 is 720 and 1080 resolutions. any tips? am i missing something here? Its said this tool modifies registry? how do i undo the modifications
03-14-2018, 05:15 PM
(03-14-2018 04:49 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  hey guys i need a little help.
I am using a 4k samsung tv as a monitor. i have been trying to get 4k @ 60hz with no luck. But while trying to get this to work with CRU. alot of my other resolutions are deleted somehow. ive tried to restore everything back to defaults. reinstalled display driver etc. ran the reset-all exe. now all that shows up in window 10 is 720 and 1080 resolutions. any tips? am i missing something here? Its said this tool modifies registry? how do i undo the modifications
Running reset-all.exe does undo the modifications, and so does using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-

If the resolutions are missing after that, then the problem has nothing to do with CRU. Are you sure you didn't do anything else?
03-14-2018, 05:17 PM
(03-12-2018 07:32 PM)uzumakisarada Wrote:  its work
my native resolution in win10 is 1024x768 and changed to 1600x1200

but i accidentally run reset-all.exe then it became not work again.
i have reupdate and restart graphic card, restart and shutdown PC but still not work

please help
I really need more details. What graphics card? What monitor? How is the monitor connected?
03-14-2018, 07:36 PM (Last edited: 03-14-2018, 07:45 PM by Mrmofo)
(03-14-2018 05:15 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 04:49 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  hey guys i need a little help.
Running reset-all.exe does undo the modifications, and so does using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-

If the resolutions are missing after that, then the problem has nothing to do with CRU. Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

yeah i did run DDU because i updated to recent graphics card driver. ran the reset all. its just bizarre. thats the only utility ive used just to try and get 4k 60hz like i said. bought a new hdmi cable 2.0 and once i first started using it all 2k and 4k resolutions were in the display properties but i could only get 30hz. so i ran cru and attempted to add 4k at 60hz because my display is capable. all it yielded me was a blank screen saying invalid display mode. so i said screw it. and just tried resetting everything > ddu > new driver. but now no 2k or 4k resolutions in display properties. what im wondering is if cru made a permanent change somehow. or if this is a windows 10 thing (freshly installed). hmm. heres an image.. as you can see only 2 resolutions selected. [Image: fZth7x]
03-16-2018, 12:09 AM
(03-14-2018 07:36 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  yeah i did run DDU because i updated to recent graphics card driver. ran the reset all. its just bizarre. thats the only utility ive used just to try and get 4k 60hz like i said. bought a new hdmi cable 2.0 and once i first started using it all 2k and 4k resolutions were in the display properties but i could only get 30hz. so i ran cru and attempted to add 4k at 60hz because my display is capable. all it yielded me was a blank screen saying invalid display mode. so i said screw it. and just tried resetting everything > ddu > new driver. but now no 2k or 4k resolutions in display properties. what im wondering is if cru made a permanent change somehow. or if this is a windows 10 thing (freshly installed). hmm. heres an image.. as you can see only 2 resolutions selected. [Image: fZth7x]
That's bizarre. As you can see, CRU shows the settings were reset back to defaults, so I don't see why the other resolutions are missing. What video card is this?
03-17-2018, 08:04 PM (Last edited: 03-17-2018, 08:07 PM by Mrmofo)
(03-16-2018 12:09 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 07:36 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  yeah i did run DDU because i updated to recent graphics card driver. ran the reset all. its just bizarre. thats the only utility ive used just to try and get 4k 60hz like i said. bought a new hdmi cable 2.0 and once i first started using it all 2k and 4k resolutions were in the display properties but i could only get 30hz. so i ran cru and attempted to add 4k at 60hz because my display is capable. all it yielded me was a blank screen saying invalid display mode. so i said screw it. and just tried resetting everything > ddu > new driver. but now no 2k or 4k resolutions in display properties. what im wondering is if cru made a permanent change somehow. or if this is a windows 10 thing (freshly installed). hmm. heres an image.. as you can see only 2 resolutions selected. [Image: fZth7x]
That's bizarre. As you can see, CRU shows the settings were reset back to defaults, so I don't see why the other resolutions are missing. What video card is this?

its an amd radeon 280x. im not 100% sure how to use this utility well and kinda fear just screwing up more. its weird to me i cant get back information that seems to be missing. its not even showing 4k res anymore. i just did a clean install of winows too. you say this tool only makes changes to registry?
03-17-2018, 10:33 PM
(03-17-2018 08:04 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  its an amd radeon 280x. im not 100% sure how to use this utility well and kinda fear just screwing up more. its weird to me i cant get back information that seems to be missing. its not even showing 4k res anymore. i just did a clean install of winows too. you say this tool only makes changes to registry?
Yes, it only saves EDID overrides in the registry. Usually AMD's driver only lists 1920x1080 and 1280x720 if there's a problem reading the EDID, but your screenshot shows CRU is able to read the EDID just fine and that no overrides are in effect. Maybe the invalid mode confused the TV's firmware. Try unplugging the TV's power for a minute to reset it.
03-22-2018, 10:28 PM
(03-17-2018 10:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 08:04 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  its an amd radeon 280x. im not 100% sure how to use this utility well and kinda fear just screwing up more. its weird to me i cant get back information that seems to be missing. its not even showing 4k res anymore. i just did a clean install of winows too. you say this tool only makes changes to registry?
Yes, it only saves EDID overrides in the registry. Usually AMD's driver only lists 1920x1080 and 1280x720 if there's a problem reading the EDID, but your screenshot shows CRU is able to read the EDID just fine and that no overrides are in effect. Maybe the invalid mode confused the TV's firmware. Try unplugging the TV's power for a minute to reset it.

So i figured out on AMD cards having GPU Scaling enabled only shows the 2 resolutions. Disabling it however the full list of res modes my display is capable of is shown. phew!
03-22-2018, 11:10 PM
(03-22-2018 10:28 PM)Mrmofo Wrote:  So i figured out on AMD cards having GPU Scaling enabled only shows the 2 resolutions. Disabling it however the full list of res modes my display is capable of is shown. phew!
That's odd. That sounds like a driver bug.