Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-13-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(09-13-2019 07:19 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-13-2019 06:40 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Using HDMI. The resolution wasnt available anywhere. The BIOS uses 800x600 resolution (not perfect but its managable). Not sure how to bring up the OSD. The issue wasnt present in safe mode and i dont have windows installed currently.
This is sounding like a faulty monitor, but this is hard to troubleshoot if Windows is not installed. At what point during the installation does the problem appear? Try installing Windows without Internet access to prevent Windows from automatically updating and installing a graphics driver before it's finished. Then it should use the same driver as safe mode. There's also a chance if it's a faulty monitor that it might display correctly with DVI, and if the card doesn't have DVI, you can use an HDMI-DVI cable or adapter.

Im using the monitor for the PC i am on right now with no issues. Perhaps it is faulty, but I can access windows with it on the current pc and it works without issues. The issue started appearing after using the CRU software which made me think its not because of a faulty monitor. I could technically install windows using this computer that works normally. What would i do after that to try and fix my issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2019, 08:09 PM
(09-13-2019 07:43 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Im using the monitor for the PC i am on right now with no issues. Perhaps it is faulty, but I can access windows with it on the current pc and it works without issues. The issue started appearing after using the CRU software which made me think its not because of a faulty monitor. I could technically install windows using this computer that works normally. What would i do after that to try and fix my issue?
I would want to see what CRU shows for the monitor after the AMD graphics driver is installed.

Did you have to add 1440x900 on the working PC? The reason I suspect a faulty monitor is because you shouldn't have to add the native resolution manually. It should be available automatically by default. Even if a bad resolution was added somehow, CRU does not modify the hardware, so it should not persist after running reset-all.exe and rebooting, and definitely not after reformatting and reinstalling Windows.
09-14-2019, 09:25 AM
(09-13-2019 08:09 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-13-2019 07:43 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Im using the monitor for the PC i am on right now with no issues. Perhaps it is faulty, but I can access windows with it on the current pc and it works without issues. The issue started appearing after using the CRU software which made me think its not because of a faulty monitor. I could technically install windows using this computer that works normally. What would i do after that to try and fix my issue?
I would want to see what CRU shows for the monitor after the AMD graphics driver is installed.

Did you have to add 1440x900 on the working PC? The reason I suspect a faulty monitor is because you shouldn't have to add the native resolution manually. It should be available automatically by default. Even if a bad resolution was added somehow, CRU does not modify the hardware, so it should not persist after running reset-all.exe and rebooting, and definitely not after reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

Went to sleep last night. This morning I tried some things. PC works perfectly using HDMI on a different monitor, and my monitor also works fine using HDMI for TV (its what i tested). Im guessing my graphics card and monitor dont like eachother for some reason. Gonna try using a DVI cable when I get it, if not I suspect Im going to have to get a new monitor or admit both my new pc and monitor to someone who can fix them.
09-16-2019, 11:29 PM (Last edited: 09-16-2019, 11:31 PM by erusx)
Greetings, thanks for your hard-work and great application. I ended up here as last resort to identify my problem. Weird thing is I have been using some hardware similar to posters here. I will use the application in future to try to force a resolution/EDID that I normally cannot. Actually I cannot get a signal at all by normal means in Windows. Was getting FHD+audio over DP to HDMI adapter and after trying a faulty adapter, even old adapter stopped working. But direct Displayport works, even other ports work; even old adapter still works with another GPU. Normally I was getting FHD right from boot to OS; and now I get a 800x600 resolution on Bios and no signal in Windows while using DP to HDMI adapter.

The hardware pieces I use are: Asrock H310 Mobo, MSI RX 570, Acer B226Q. Adapter broke while I was using it between RX 570 and Acer, afterwards no more signal with my healthy adapter. I created an account to thank for the application first of all and I was very curious of the brand of RX 570 Tilchos was using. I really wanna figure out whether this is a Bios corruption or permanent EDID save on GPU memory or something physical.
09-17-2019, 03:33 AM (Last edited: 09-17-2019, 01:37 PM by Delicieuxz)
I'm running an HP Omen 32 overclocked to 90 hz, and I'm trying to modify the FreeSync range of my HP Omen 32 from 48 - 75 to 45 - 95, or something similar.

So, the only variables I'm changing in CRU are the ones for the V rate range limits:

[Image: 4d2tDk7.png]

I set those to whatever I want (I've tried 48 and 91, 45 and 95...), and then I either restart my PC or I use one of the restart.exe or restart64.exe executables that are included with CRU to reset the display driver. Regardless of which method I try, after modifying the V rate in CRU my desktop, icons, windows, and everything on my PC becomes super huge, like this (2560 x 1440 resolution):

[Image: 74U6yfx.png]

I've tried resetting the PC again, but so long as the V rate setting in CRU is changed, everything is huge like that. If I run reset-all.exe and then restart my PC, or run restart64.exe, the desktop goes back to its normal size. Though, after running restart64.exe I still have to reset my PC in order for icon preview images to display properly, and for some things to switch back to their normal size.

Am I doing something wrong with CRU? Is there a way I can adjust the adaptive-sync range without making everything become hugeified?
09-17-2019, 10:17 AM
Hi,

I'm new here, how do you enable freesync for a non-freesync monitor with NVIDIA Graphics Card (DP)

Thanks.
09-17-2019, 01:41 PM
(09-17-2019 10:17 AM)flyzodiac Wrote:  I'm new here, how do you enable freesync for a non-freesync monitor with NVIDIA Graphics Card (DP)
You can't.
09-17-2019, 01:42 PM
(09-17-2019 03:33 AM)Delicieuxz Wrote:  I've tried resetting the PC again, but so long as the V rate setting in CRU is changed, everything is huge like that. If I run reset-all.exe and then restart my PC, or run restart64.exe, the desktop goes back to its normal size. Though, after running restart64.exe I still have to reset my PC in order for icon preview images to display properly, and for some things to switch back to their normal size.

Am I doing something wrong with CRU? Is there a way I can adjust the adaptive-sync range without making everything become hugeified?
What video card do you have? I don't know why the scaling would change automatically like that, but you should be able to adjust the scaling back to 100% in the Windows display settings.
09-17-2019, 04:25 PM
(09-17-2019 01:42 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-17-2019 03:33 AM)Delicieuxz Wrote:  I've tried resetting the PC again, but so long as the V rate setting in CRU is changed, everything is huge like that. If I run reset-all.exe and then restart my PC, or run restart64.exe, the desktop goes back to its normal size. Though, after running restart64.exe I still have to reset my PC in order for icon preview images to display properly, and for some things to switch back to their normal size.

What video card do you have? I don't know why the scaling would change automatically like that, but you should be able to adjust the scaling back to 100% in the Windows display settings.

I have a GTX 1070. I tried the process many times over and it happened every time.

I'll check out the scaling thing.
09-17-2019, 06:48 PM
[/quote]
I'll check out the scaling thing.
[/quote]

I'm sorry to chime in here... but... you didn't even check the scaling settings? I mean... Why not? When I use CRU the first time it will reset my display settings because it's using a new EDID. That's normal. What's so hard about checking scaling settings? Isn't that the first thing you should of done? It literally takes 2 seconds. I can't believe you came on a forum complaining about scaling and didn't even take the time to check the scaling settings yourself. Just wow...