Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
02-05-2021, 12:58 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(02-05-2021 11:34 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-05-2021 09:39 AM)Mimky Wrote:  I want my screen to be normal and reset it to the normal settings i had before installing the CRU, how i can do that ? And how can i make the display port work again ?
Did you run reset-all.exe and reboot like it says in the instructions?

Yes, and when i change the frame rate to 144 the screen goes black and then returns to 60.

I’m trying to remove the CRU effects but I could not figure it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2021, 04:24 PM
(02-05-2021 12:58 PM)Mimky Wrote:  Yes, and when i change the frame rate to 144 the screen goes black and then returns to 60.

I’m trying to remove the CRU effects but I could not figure it out.
What model is the monitor? What GPU do you have?
02-10-2021, 02:30 PM
Hello, I'm from Brazil and I'm using the translator, so I'm sorry for the typos. last night, I used the utility custom resolution program to stretch my resolution, however, following the tutorial I was watching, at the moment I applied the new resolution, the screen went black, and as I don't understand much English, I I thought it was just a wait, I waited for 1 minute and nothing, so I decided to restart the computer. When restarting, my monitor works correctly, the AsRock card verification appears, however, after that there is no signal and the screen goes black. I just found out today that when the resolution is changed and the screen doesn't turn on, I should press F8. Now I can't use my computer, I don't have a restore point, and the only method would be if I reinstalled windows, so I would lose all my applications. Was there anything I could do?
02-10-2021, 03:20 PM
(02-10-2021 02:30 PM)ThePr0Nhh Wrote:  Hello, I'm from Brazil and I'm using the translator, so I'm sorry for the typos. last night, I used the utility custom resolution program to stretch my resolution, however, following the tutorial I was watching, at the moment I applied the new resolution, the screen went black, and as I don't understand much English, I I thought it was just a wait, I waited for 1 minute and nothing, so I decided to restart the computer. When restarting, my monitor works correctly, the AsRock card verification appears, however, after that there is no signal and the screen goes black. I just found out today that when the resolution is changed and the screen doesn't turn on, I should press F8. Now I can't use my computer, I don't have a restore point, and the only method would be if I reinstalled windows, so I would lose all my applications. Was there anything I could do?

Boot into safe mode and run reset-all.exe.

(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Before making any changes, familiarize yourself with getting into safe mode using a recovery drive in case you can't see the screen. If you don't have a recovery drive, press and hold the power button to shut off the computer while Windows is booting. Doing this twice should give you recovery options that you can use to get into safe mode: Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart
02-11-2021, 05:11 PM
1080P, default refresh is 120hz. oced to 130hz stable. i dont mind lower res. want to play at 720p but higher refresh rate. like 135hz or 140hz. so i went to the app and set a new lower res profile ( instead of 1080p, i made 720x1024) and 131hz. but it show blue lines. i hread lower res can give u better oc results. is that fake? and there is other paramters btw, idk if messing with them can give me a better a rate. like the front porch, sync width and back porch. there is the timing one as well. it set to manaul right now it has lcd standard, reducded, native etc etc. please help me to achive higer hz. even if it means lower resoultion. thanks!
02-12-2021, 06:36 PM
(02-11-2021 05:11 PM)4700mq Wrote:  1080P, default refresh is 120hz. oced to 130hz stable. i dont mind lower res. want to play at 720p but higher refresh rate. like 135hz or 140hz. so i went to the app and set a new lower res profile ( instead of 1080p, i made 720x1024) and 131hz. but it show blue lines. i hread lower res can give u better oc results. is that fake? and there is other paramters btw, idk if messing with them can give me a better a rate. like the front porch, sync width and back porch. there is the timing one as well. it set to manaul right now it has lcd standard, reducded, native etc etc. please help me to achive higer hz. even if it means lower resoultion. thanks!
A lower resolution would only help if you're hitting pixel clock limits, and the monitor must support the resolution. What monitor is this?
02-13-2021, 03:50 AM (Last edited: 02-13-2021, 03:55 AM by Hmmmm)
I have an older legacy Powercolor HD 5770 Radeon GPU. My monitor is a new Lenovo with a recommended resolution of 2560x1400. My GHPU specs claim I'm supposed to get this resolution (actually 1600) but I do not. I have used the HDMI cable that came with my monitor and even tried different cables. But no. I uninstalled/reinstalled drivers from AMD. My system is Win 8.1. Powercolor doesnt have drivers for Win8.1. I'm stuck at 1900x1200. I'm using AMD official drivers and I don't have a digital port (DP).

I ran CRU and while the resolutions appear (2 slots) in the first box, clicking either and then OK. Restart64 doesn't do anything. The new resolution option doesn't appear anywhere. Is there a workaround? Or is this a Windows limitation?
02-13-2021, 01:42 PM
(02-13-2021 03:50 AM)Hmmmm Wrote:  I have an older legacy Powercolor HD 5770 Radeon GPU. My monitor is a new Lenovo with a recommended resolution of 2560x1400. My GHPU specs claim I'm supposed to get this resolution (actually 1600) but I do not. I have used the HDMI cable that came with my monitor and even tried different cables. But no. I uninstalled/reinstalled drivers from AMD. My system is Win 8.1. Powercolor doesnt have drivers for Win8.1. I'm stuck at 1900x1200. I'm using AMD official drivers and I don't have a digital port (DP).

I ran CRU and while the resolutions appear (2 slots) in the first box, clicking either and then OK. Restart64 doesn't do anything. The new resolution option doesn't appear anywhere. Is there a workaround? Or is this a Windows limitation?
This is documented under pixel clock limits.
02-13-2021, 03:07 PM (Last edited: 02-13-2021, 03:08 PM by nrthunder)
I used CRU a few years ago, but it does not work now with my 3080 on my desktop.

I have a UWQHD 144Hz monitor, and just for testing I tried to get the resolution 1920x1080@70Hz to work. But even after applying and restarting, it doesn't show up anywhere (PC/TV/Custom Resolutions). It also doesn't matter where I add the resolution (detailed/standard). Also a lot of resolutions that show up in the Nvidia control panel, are not present in CRU. Let's say I would want to delete 1920x1080@144hz which is listed by default, I could not delete it as it's nowhere to be found in CRU.

My main goal is to remove some resolutions, and set a new native resolution (custom resolutions in the control panel don't help). But so far it seems like CRU doesn't change anything on my system. I start everything as an admin and restart after changes btw.

Any advice appreciated, ty.
02-13-2021, 04:24 PM
(02-13-2021 03:07 PM)nrthunder Wrote:  I used CRU a few years ago, but it does not work now with my 3080 on my desktop.

I have a UWQHD 144Hz monitor, and just for testing I tried to get the resolution 1920x1080@70Hz to work. But even after applying and restarting, it doesn't show up anywhere (PC/TV/Custom Resolutions). It also doesn't matter where I add the resolution (detailed/standard). Also a lot of resolutions that show up in the Nvidia control panel, are not present in CRU. Let's say I would want to delete 1920x1080@144hz which is listed by default, I could not delete it as it's nowhere to be found in CRU.

My main goal is to remove some resolutions, and set a new native resolution (custom resolutions in the control panel don't help). But so far it seems like CRU doesn't change anything on my system. I start everything as an admin and restart after changes btw.

Any advice appreciated, ty.
Run reset-all.exe and restart. Then export a file and post it here.