04-11-2021, 11:07 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(04-06-2021 03:49 PM)Envi Wrote:  does cru work with intel
Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2021, 11:08 AM
(04-06-2021 10:47 AM)spyshagg Wrote:  On the active display on CRU, I deleted every resolution except the 1440p@120hz (which is in the Extension Block). After doing that, windows still had every resolution available. It did not change anything.
Did you check all the data blocks?

These data blocks can have resolutions in them:

TV resolutions
HDMI support
4:2:0 resolutions
04-11-2021, 11:08 AM
(04-06-2021 04:36 AM)falcao123456 Wrote:  But I still don't understand. Is it possible to increase the factory limits? as the limit is 160hz can i increase the vertical frequency to recognize 170hz? Or will the monitor deny the change?
The limits are built into the monitor. They can't be changed with software.
04-11-2021, 11:20 AM
(04-06-2021 05:46 PM)uoser Wrote:  I've tried adding a displayID 1.3 and also tried a 2.0 to try to lower my refresh rate to anything between 300-360 on native resolution and all I get is the black screen on the aw2521h. I've seen a streamer actually overclock this monitor to about 390hz and he said he had success using the displayID but I cannot get it to work for me. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone else had any success with overclocking or even underclocking the alienware 360hz monitor i would love to know how they did it.
G-SYNC monitors usually only support the predefined refresh rates. I don't see any reference to this monitor supporting other refresh rates.
04-12-2021, 03:00 AM
Hi everyone, back again with a quick question concerning my LG OLED.

So this TV officially natively supports 50, 60, 100 and 120 Hz (along with 24 and 30, obviously) as potential native refresh rates. Obviously, 60 and 120 both work fine (at 1440p, haven't tested 4K yet as I have a 2080 Ti and run it through an AVR, but I assume the same).

Although I have to create CRU resolution values for the PAL refreshes, both 50 and 100 Hz also work perfectly, with seamless visual smoothness and exactly like you would expect an official refresh rate to work. Good so far.

However, my CRU values of 75 and 90 Hz, unsupported refresh rates, do not work as intended. Both exhibit a micro-stuttering of sorts that's clearly visible both at the desktop and in game. In theory, these native refresh rates are great for games like Valheim and Horizon: Zero Dawn that won't run at 120 Hz on any hardware but could benefit from a nice intermediary frame rate between 60 and 120. Notable for mention, of course, is that on my Dell 32" at my workstation PC and on my gaming laptop, these CRU refresh rates work just fine. Those, though, are dedicated PC monitors and are not televisions.

Am I missing something? Are my timing inputs incorrect, or is there some specific setting to get exactly 75 or 90 Hz refresh rates? Keep in mind that I'm just putting 75 and 90 as flat numbers in the refresh rate slot of CRU, and I understand that most supported refresh rates have decimals. Or is it just a TV incompatibility? No worries if that's the case, but I'd like a working 75 or 90 on my OLED.

Thanks in advance.

X
04-12-2021, 07:37 AM (Last edited: 04-12-2021, 07:38 AM by slakosd)
(04-11-2021 11:03 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 11:36 AM)slakosd Wrote:  Hello there, I need your help because I'm having problems with my new screen. Recently I changed the stock screen to the Innolux N156HCE-GN1 on my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 with Ryzen 4500U to improve the color accuracy for photograpy.

The screeen works perfect on BIOS, Ubuntu and Windows with Microsoft drivers, but when I install the AMD drivers the screen starts to blink ramdomly, It's insupportable.

I have been using CRU and trying some settings without results. The only settings that half work is "Exact reduced" but sometimes blink too, at least blink too much less times than before.

Here is the specs of my screen: https://www.panelook.com/N156HCE-GN1_Inn...41166.html

Can you help me to find the correct settings for this panel? Thanks you a lot.
That doesn't sound like a timing parameters issue because it works before the driver loads, and panels usually aren't picky about timing parameters. It sounds like this problem: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-sof...d-p/269149

Thanks you ToastyX. Yes, I suspect that is a drivers problem, who has never solved, but in fact if I configure CRU as "Exact reduced" the flickering problem almost disappears (Thanks god). Cause of that I arrived here to find the correct settings for my screen, because I don't know the meaning of all the parameters of CRU.
04-12-2021, 07:40 AM (Last edited: 04-12-2021, 08:11 AM by vhalko)
Hello ToastyX
Thank you for your excellent app and for your time you devote in answering every question in this topic
I have a LG 29UM68 UWFHD 21:9 75Hz Freesync monitor paired with a 5700XT Sapphire pulse over DP and I'm having the memory issue you described in the OP ... what would be your suggestion to alleviate the problem?
04-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Hello TwistyX,
Thanks for making such awesome application. I have one problem making it work though. Recently I have upgraded my rig, and after upgrading, my monitor resolution is stuck at 1024x768. I am using Dell E1912H which Native Resolution 1366 x 768 at 60 Hz, VGA Interfaces. Besides it's showing as non generic PnP monitor. I have windows 10 with GTX 1660 super. I used HDMI converter to connect it to the GPU. My graphics driver is up to date. So, please let me know How can I make it to the native resolution of 1366 x 768 rather than stuck at 1024x768 using the app. Thank you.
04-14-2021, 11:50 AM (Last edited: 04-14-2021, 06:08 PM by Kämpfer)
(04-11-2021 11:05 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-07-2021 08:44 PM)Kämpfer Wrote:  Im using a QX 2710 with a Vega 64 with only a DVI-D output. I can overclock easily to 96Hz, but as soon as I add the HDMI block in CRU it has a lot of artifacting. Underclocking the monitor below 55Hz also results in problems. Could this be an issue with my cable, or perhaps the graphics card? I have tried many combinations except for a different cable and gpu.
You can't overclock with HDMI. That monitor uses dual-link DVI, and HDMI is single-link, so it can only handle half the bandwidth. What happens below 55 Hz? That monitor should be able to handle lower refresh rates.
First of all, thank you for taking your time to answer me, Im very grateful.
Secondly, I did not try the HDMI block while the monitor was overclocked, since I did read through ALOT of forum posts before giving up and asking here Big Grin However even at 60Hz I got artifacting with the HDMI block, and thinking it was some sort of bandwidth issue I tried downclocking the monitor - which it hates. My thick 28AWG cable arrived today, which seems to be able to power the monitor at 115Hz, sadly not 120, but it still completely artifacts with "tv-static bars" at 55Hz or below, even with the new cable.
Edit: FreeSync works (I tested it, must have been cable issue because screwing tight made everything suddenly work) between 30 and 50 Hz Smile time to fine tune.
Thank you for this tool!
04-15-2021, 01:39 AM
(04-12-2021 03:00 AM)XAGMNINETY Wrote:  However, my CRU values of 75 and 90 Hz, unsupported refresh rates, do not work as intended. Both exhibit a micro-stuttering of sorts that's clearly visible both at the desktop and in game. In theory, these native refresh rates are great for games like Valheim and Horizon: Zero Dawn that won't run at 120 Hz on any hardware but could benefit from a nice intermediary frame rate between 60 and 120. Notable for mention, of course, is that on my Dell 32" at my workstation PC and on my gaming laptop, these CRU refresh rates work just fine. Those, though, are dedicated PC monitors and are not televisions.

Am I missing something? Are my timing inputs incorrect, or is there some specific setting to get exactly 75 or 90 Hz refresh rates? Keep in mind that I'm just putting 75 and 90 as flat numbers in the refresh rate slot of CRU, and I understand that most supported refresh rates have decimals. Or is it just a TV incompatibility? No worries if that's the case, but I'd like a working 75 or 90 on my OLED.
The TV probably skips frames with non-CTA modes. CTA-861 only includes 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60, 100, 120.