Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
05-29-2021, 10:22 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(05-29-2021 09:18 PM)noname Wrote:  So, this means that we also should not trust CRT telling us it's 67.0 Hz?
Use this with chrome or edge to check: https://www.displayhz.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2021, 11:10 PM
[/quote]
Sounds like a bad antivirus program is deleting the file without telling you. What antivirus are you using?
[/quote]

Ah, yeah that's probably it. I'm trying this on my work laptop computer and I'm not sure what they are using. I'll get in touch with our IT and find out.

Just FYI, I have a resin printer (Wanhao D7) I'm trying to run on an RPi (using NanoDLP) and I need to check what the timing signals are for the printer's screen. I can project a good image to it through my computer but I have something wrong in my RPi custom HDMI mode setup in the config.txt file.

I found out about this utility through the RPi forum and I'm hoping this will get me straightened out.

Thanks for your help and as soon as I find out what our AV is, I'll let you know. I hope it is something that can be adjusted in the AV to allow it to run?
05-30-2021, 06:17 PM (Last edited: 05-31-2021, 03:40 AM by Halflife)
Hi, i'm trying to use CRU as a replacement to DSR, i managed to make window to recognize the resolution but when i set it i get a black screen.
i set the resolution to 1440p (i tried with 60hz and 144hz but same result)
for the timing it was set to manual with the same as my default resolution
i have a rog strix g15 (rtx 2060 ,I7 10750H)
i guess you already answered this question somewhere in this forum but it kinda hard to get it sry.
06-01-2021, 03:16 AM
(05-29-2021 11:10 PM)TAGood827 Wrote:  Thanks for your help and as soon as I find out what our AV is, I'll let you know. I hope it is something that can be adjusted in the AV to allow it to run?
Usually you can just remove it from the quarantine.
06-01-2021, 03:16 AM
(05-30-2021 06:17 PM)Halflife Wrote:  Hi, i'm trying to use CRU as a replacement to DSR, i managed to make window to recognize the resolution but when i set it i get a black screen.
i set the resolution to 1440p (i tried with 60hz and 144hz but same result)
for the timing it was set to manual with the same as my default resolution
i have a rog strix g15 (rtx 2060 ,I7 10750H)
i guess you already answered this question somewhere in this forum but it kinda hard to get it sry.
CRU is not a replacement for DSR. This is explained in the first post.

(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
  • CRU adds monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. Lower resolutions can be scaled up to the native resolution by enabling GPU scaling in the graphics driver's control panel, but higher resolutions won't be scaled down by the GPU. Higher resolutions will only work if the monitor can handle them.
  • Laptop displays usually don't have scalers and can't display non-native resolutions without GPU scaling. To add other refresh rates, add the refresh rate at the native resolution. The graphics driver will automatically add the refresh rate to lower scaled resolutions.
06-01-2021, 10:20 PM
(04-27-2021 03:11 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-26-2021 04:48 PM)LunaP Wrote:  For whatever reason after following the guide on how to make 120hz setting, I lost the ability to set 4:4:4, I tried reset-all to no avail, Even DDU'd and reinstalled GPU drivers but I no longer have the option in NCP, Just 420 422 and RGB, reason I'm asking about 444 is because for w/e reason on RGB Text looks slightly thinner/jagged, vs 444, despite being on RGB Full.
I don't see how. Nothing should persist after using DDU.

I don't either, DDU'd multiple times and ran the reset tool you provided. Nothing. A reinstall of Windows restored it however running CRU again removed it so can at least confirm its reproducible.
06-02-2021, 10:18 PM
so I've got the 6700XT Sapphire Radeon, I was able to change ONE monitor to 75hz since that's what all three are but not the other two.
added the changes but still no luck.
I am running an HDMI to DP cable to the PC.
what am I missing Dodgy
I added 1920*1080 75hz
06-05-2021, 01:11 PM
Hello!
I have a question: After changing the refresh rate of my laptop, I close the lid and wake up from sleep, the refresh rate becomes the default value! I have to run restart64.exe again. Is this a Windows problem or something else?
06-07-2021, 03:20 PM
(06-01-2021 07:36 AM)noname Wrote:  Ok, another question. How to remove unwanted refresh rates from default Windows video modes menu? I want to leave a single refresh rate for each resolution, because sometimes games choose lower refresh rates which I don't want.
The graphics driver automatically propagates refresh rates to lower scaled resolutions, so I'm not sure if there's a way to avoid this. You can try adding 640x480 @ 60 Hz as the first detailed resolution to avoid adding scaled resolutions.
06-07-2021, 03:21 PM
(06-01-2021 10:20 PM)LunaP Wrote:  I don't either, DDU'd multiple times and ran the reset tool you provided. Nothing. A reinstall of Windows restored it however running CRU again removed it so can at least confirm its reproducible.
I don't know where it could be persisting. Both DDU and reset-all.exe remove everything related to monitors, and DDU removes everything related to the NVIDIA driver, but this feels like an NVIDIA driver bug.