Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-30-2022, 03:04 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(12-29-2022 12:54 AM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  i did the first, deleted the extension block, 1366x768 @ 60 Hz in the first detailed resolution. But when i restart or turn on the pc, it start with hdmi with the same problem. After that, when the screen comes back after disconnecting from inactivity, then yes, turn to dvi.
Also i try by importing hdmi-audio.dat and editing (deleted hdmi block), and when i restart or turn on the pc, it start with hdmi with the same problem. And when it returns from inactivity, the black screen stays endlessly making the noise when you connect or disconnect a device from the pc, and when move the mouse, then turn to dvi.
thank you bro
Why did you delete the HDMI data block? The whole point of the hdmi-audio.dat file is to include HDMI support. Audio can't work without HDMI support. Regardless, both problems sound like Intel driver bugs. The driver is not applying the EDID override when Windows starts. Try the .exe export method in the first post and see if that works around the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2022, 03:04 AM (Last edited: 12-30-2022, 03:05 AM by ToastyX)
(12-28-2022 05:07 PM)micfiygd Wrote:  Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my PC (windows 10) to output in 5.1 using my TVs passthrough.

Current set up:
PC -> TCL TV -> arc to sonos system.

I know the passthrough works on this tv as consoles and shield tv work fine. I also tested this pc on another Sonos setup with a similar tv and there were no issues with getting 5.1 to work.

I've tried adjusting the LPCM to 6 channels, which allows me to select 5.1 from windows settings but the audio is still only working in stereo 2.0. When testing the speakers from windows only FL + FR work and Sonos is only registering a 2.0 signal.

Would greatly appreciate any insight into this problem.
The Sonos might only support 5.1 with bitstreaming formats, so you shouldn't need to set LPCM to 6 channels. Do you see other formats like AC-3/E-AC-3 or DTS-HD?
12-30-2022, 03:22 AM
(12-30-2022 03:04 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  

I'm having trouble getting my PC (windows 10) to output in 5.1 using my TVs passthrough.

Current set up:

I know the passthrough works on this tv as consoles and shield tv work fine. I also tested this pc on another Sonos setup with a similar tv and there were no issues with getting 5.1 to work.

I've tried adjusting the LPCM to 6 channels, which allows me to select 5.1 from windows settings but the audio is still only working in stereo 2.0. When testing the speakers from windows only FL + FR work and Sonos is only registering a 2.0 signal.

The Sonos might only support 5.1 with bitstreaming formats, so you shouldn't need to set LPCM to 6 channels. Do you see other formats like AC-3/E-AC-3 or DTS-HD?

Yeah, I have all of those options there.

This is what I have:

https://imgur.com/a/qVxt88i
12-30-2022, 04:30 AM
Hello all.

Just went from 6700XT to 7900XT.
On 6700XT I was able to force 4.2.0 Chroma to get my 4K TV 60HZ do a 120 HZ with 2.0 HDMI. Not so much with 7900XT. Am I to assume that is a driver issue?
12-31-2022, 06:36 PM
(12-30-2022 03:22 AM)micfiygd Wrote:  

Current set up:

Yeah, I have all of those options there.

This is what I have:

Also to followup on this I am getting a dolby 2.0 signal, but I am still limited to only 2 channels in windows.
01-01-2023, 12:34 AM
Hi there,
I'm trying to determine the settings to use to enable 2560x1080 on my Alienware AW3423DW. I have been able to use the default settings to add the resolution at the desired refresh, however there is a thin bezel around the display which shows GPU artifacting of stuff rendered at the edge of frame. What settings do I need to change to effectively "overscan" the image?
01-02-2023, 10:07 PM
(12-29-2022 12:54 AM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  i did the first, deleted the extension block, 1366x768 @ 60 Hz in the first detailed resolution. But when i restart or turn on the pc, it start with hdmi with the same problem. After that, when the screen comes back after disconnecting from inactivity, then yes, turn to dvi.
Also i try by importing hdmi-audio.dat and editing (deleted hdmi block), and when i restart or turn on the pc, it start with hdmi with the same problem. And when it returns from inactivity, the black screen stays endlessly making the noise when you connect or disconnect a device from the pc, and when move the mouse, then turn to dvi.
thank you bro
Why did you delete the HDMI data block? The whole point of the hdmi-audio.dat file is to include HDMI support. Audio can't work without HDMI support. Regardless, both problems sound like Intel driver bugs. The driver is not applying the EDID override when Windows starts. Try the .exe export method in the first post and see if that works around the problem.

hi toastyx, happy new year. It worked exporting and installing the .exe file. Everything works well. When pc starts, and the motherboard logo appears, it blinks for a moment, I guess that's when it changes to dvi. it's okay? thanks for all
01-03-2023, 05:56 AM
(01-02-2023 10:07 PM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  hi toastyx, happy new year. It worked exporting and installing the .exe file. Everything works well. When pc starts, and the motherboard logo appears, it blinks for a moment, I guess that's when it changes to dvi. it's okay? thanks for all
Changes don't take effect until Windows starts and the graphics driver loads. If it works then there's no problem.
(01-01-2023 12:34 AM)trankillity Wrote:  I'm trying to determine the settings to use to enable 2560x1080 on my Alienware AW3423DW. I have been able to use the default settings to add the resolution at the desired refresh, however there is a thin bezel around the display which shows GPU artifacting of stuff rendered at the edge of frame. What settings do I need to change to effectively "overscan" the image?
You can't overscan with a custom resolution. Use GPU scaling if the monitor can't display the resolution correctly.
(12-30-2022 03:22 AM)micfiygd Wrote:  Yeah, I have all of those options there.

This is what I have:

Show me the whole EDID. Export a file and post it here. What GPU are you using? Have you asked Sonos support?