Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-21-2022, 10:58 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
SO AMD released new drivers today for the 7 series. And still same issue, CRU doesn't work. Dam it, come on AMD lets get those drivers fixed!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2022, 10:18 AM
(11-07-2022 08:02 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-05-2022 03:13 PM)Poseidon Wrote:  I have an MSI RTX 2070 Super updated to the latest drivers. I tried using different drivers but no luck with CRU.
It's always NVIDIA with this sort of problem. Use DDU before upgrading the driver: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-DDU-

If DDU doesn't help, then report the problem to NVIDIA.
@Toasty & Poseidon.
I can verify the DDU fix works. I'm still not seeing that I can get 170Hz out of it but at least the 144Hz@2560x1440 is showing up as native again. Thanks for the fix.
12-25-2022, 11:34 PM
Hello, I bought a new pc: i3 8100, 8gb ram, integrated intel graphics 630. When I connect to the TV, the image is not clear, the photos are dark, the borders of letters and the mouse cursor are contoured...poor quality, the real photos look like photos of video games...etc. .it's very noticeable when connecting via VGA, looks perfect.
I've been having this problem for days, I did everything, Format, uninstall and install drivers, try different TVs, cables... everything. The only thing that solved the problem was delete default blocks with this program. But then I started having other problems like black screen on reboot or coming back from idle, and I had to format again and it went back to the initial problem.
I read that cru doesn't read intel blocks, and what I have to do is delete default blocks and then import the hdmi file. Is this correct for the problem I have? After that I click on restart?
I don't know what to do. And I formatted the pc many times...

Could you help me toastyx? I thank you very very much.
12-27-2022, 02:14 AM
(12-25-2022 11:34 PM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  Hello, I bought a new pc: i3 8100, 8gb ram, integrated intel graphics 630. When I connect to the TV, the image is not clear, the photos are dark, the borders of letters and the mouse cursor are contoured...poor quality, the real photos look like photos of video games...etc. .it's very noticeable when connecting via VGA, looks perfect.
I've been having this problem for days, I did everything, Format, uninstall and install drivers, try different TVs, cables... everything. The only thing that solved the problem was delete default blocks with this program. But then I started having other problems like black screen on reboot or coming back from idle, and I had to format again and it went back to the initial problem.
I read that cru doesn't read intel blocks, and what I have to do is delete default blocks and then import the hdmi file. Is this correct for the problem I have? After that I click on restart?

What TV? What resolution?
12-28-2022, 04:33 AM
(12-27-2022 02:14 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 11:34 PM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  Hello, I bought a new pc: i3 8100, 8gb ram, integrated intel graphics 630. When I connect to the TV, the image is not clear, the photos are dark, the borders of letters and the mouse cursor are contoured...poor quality, the real photos look like photos of video games...etc. .it's very noticeable when connecting via VGA, looks perfect.

What TV? What resolution?

hi, thank you, Tv led lce24xh12 hd sanyo -resolución hd (1366 x 768), and windows recommend that resolution.
I tested the tv on two other tvs noblex 32 and 46 and have the same problem.
thank you very much for u time
12-28-2022, 03:38 PM
(12-28-2022 04:33 AM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  hi, thank you, Tv led lce24xh12 hd sanyo -resolución hd (1366 x 768), and windows recommend that resolution.
1366x768 @ 60 Hz doesn't need anything special. If you don't need audio, you can just delete the extension block and make sure 1366x768 @ 60 Hz is the first detailed resolution. That will make the computer send a DVI signal instead of HDMI, which TVs normally don't mess with. If you do need audio, then you'll have to import hdmi-audio.dat, but the TV likely does some image processing with HDMI signals, which is probably why it looks bad. Some TVs have a way to disable the processing or individual settings such as overscan and sharpening, but that depends on the TV.

Also, try the quantization range and YCbCr options in Intel's control panel:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...phics.html

You shouldn't need to format to fix any graphics issue. Just boot Windows into safe mode and run reset-all.exe to remove all CRU changes. For graphics driver issues, you can use DDU to completely uninstall the graphics driver and remove all settings: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-DDU-
12-28-2022, 05:07 PM
Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my PC (windows 10) to output in 5.1 using my TVs passthrough.

Current set up:
PC -> TCL TV -> arc to sonos system.

I know the passthrough works on this tv as consoles and shield tv work fine. I also tested this pc on another Sonos setup with a similar tv and there were no issues with getting 5.1 to work.

I've tried adjusting the LPCM to 6 channels, which allows me to select 5.1 from windows settings but the audio is still only working in stereo 2.0. When testing the speakers from windows only FL + FR work and Sonos is only registering a 2.0 signal.

Would greatly appreciate any insight into this problem.
12-29-2022, 12:54 AM
(12-28-2022 03:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-28-2022 04:33 AM)p14t1pu516 Wrote:  hi, thank you, Tv led lce24xh12 hd sanyo -resolución hd (1366 x 768), and windows recommend that resolution.
1366x768 @ 60 Hz doesn't need anything special. If you don't need audio, you can just delete the extension block and make sure 1366x768 @ 60 Hz is the first detailed resolution. That will make the computer send a DVI signal instead of HDMI, which TVs normally don't mess with. If you do need audio, then you'll have to import hdmi-audio.dat, but the TV likely does some image processing with HDMI signals, which is probably why it looks bad. Some TVs have a way to disable the processing or individual settings such as overscan and sharpening, but that depends on the TV.

Also, try the quantization range and YCbCr options in Intel's control panel:

You shouldn't need to format to fix any graphics issue. Just boot Windows into safe mode and run reset-all.exe to remove all CRU changes. For graphics driver issues, you can use DDU to completely uninstall the graphics driver and remove all settings: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-DDU-

i did the first, deleted the extension block, 1366x768 @ 60 Hz in the first detailed resolution. But when i restart or turn on the pc, it start with hdmi with the same problem. After that, when the screen comes back after disconnecting from inactivity, then yes, turn to dvi.
Also i try by importing hdmi-audio.dat and editing (deleted hdmi block), and when i restart or turn on the pc, it start with hdmi with the same problem. And when it returns from inactivity, the black screen stays endlessly making the noise when you connect or disconnect a device from the pc, and when move the mouse, then turn to dvi.
thank you bro
12-29-2022, 04:30 PM
I'm using an LG OLED TV released in 2016 and I updated its firmware assuming the old one was disabling ARC with my new bose sound bar, which was not actually.
The only thing the update gave me was a damn useless 4096 thing and pillarbox since most video contents are in 1920 * 1080. It was disturbing like hell as you can imagine.

When I adjusted it in full screen remaining the 16:9 resolution, it cut both upper and down sides of contents as much as it is need to keep the ratio. In case of ignoring the ratio, it literally stretched everything and whole characters became fatter. Both of them were pain in the ass at their best.

I asked LG customer center if they can downgrade its firmware hopefully and they said they can't. I despaired thinking the only way to fix it is downgrade it on my own. Somehow I happed to google remove 4096 resolution and could find your article. I was not that hopeful downloading it, but it did remove the resolution and fix my problem!

I had been suffering almost for 2 weeks. I really appreciate your tool and the whole effort you put in creating it. Best wishes for a happy new year!!!
12-30-2022, 03:03 AM
(12-29-2022 04:30 PM)CRUisGOD Wrote:  I had been suffering almost for 2 weeks. I really appreciate your tool and the whole effort you put in creating it. Best wishes for a happy new year!!!
Thanks. I hope to make CRU 2.0 easier by putting all the resolutions in one list so you won't have to hunt inside different data blocks anymore.