hi ToastyX,

Can you help me ? I've posted this:
https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=7167

And i have not found a solution...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2021, 12:19 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hi all, I've been messing around with my old desktop that has an Intel HD Graphics 2500 in it, i used the .exe method as it is the alternative method for older generation intel gpu's, but it seems that it sort of messed up some things (which is most likely my fault), i dont remember in what order these happened but after installing the EDID im pretty sure i got the option to pick a higher resolution than what my display's maximum resolution is, I also had some problems when playing VALORANT, where the game would have my monitor name as blank and i was unable to change the resolution of the game as it would just be stuck at custom. I'm currently using a random off-brand 1280x1024 TV as my monitor, eventually i just tried resetting CRU with the reset-all.exe and restarting my graphics driver, now i dont exactly remember if it happened exactly after i did that since i fiddled around a lot of settings, but my monitor became a generic non-PnP panel in device manager, so i looked up this thread and searched if any other person have had this problem which thankfully there was. And so i did the fix which was basically exporting an .inf file and installing it. which worked fine as now my monitor is recognized by device manager, but the higher resolution option than my display's maximum resolution and the valorant not recognizing my monitor's resolution still persists. Is there anything i could do to just factory reset my monitor/tv's EDID back before i used CRU? or maybe a custom EDID that i can use? I know this was probably caused by my negligence of not understanding it properly before using it but any help would be appreciated. Thank you if you read the whole thing and apologies if its too long.
11-11-2021, 12:53 PM
(11-08-2021 06:40 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-08-2021 05:47 PM)XmaX Wrote:  Dock is indeed dual HDMI 2.0, and allegedly supports 2x4k@60Hz. Connecting via USB-C to HDMI cable has the same result (didn't test on Ubuntu though). I just ordered a USB-C to DP cable to see if that works.

The Ubuntu thing working flawlessly throws me off though. It'd be easy to put blame on the hub, but clearly there's something else going on. I've also managed to add a few frequencies between 30 and 50Hz (at 4k) but those don't work at all.
The problem is the Intel graphics driver for Windows thinks the connection doesn't support HDMI 2.0 for some reason, while the Linux driver might not be doing the same checks. Is this a monitor or a TV? Some TVs have a setting that needs to be enabled for HDMI 2.0.
And as expected, USB-C to Displayport works flawlessly at 4k@60Hz. Glad that it works, but disappointed that now I have a hub with a useless HDMI - had I known, I'd have bought one with DP.

Does anyone have any idea why Windows causes issues with the HDMI connection?
11-11-2021, 05:40 PM
(11-11-2021 04:59 AM)LOV Wrote:  Can you help me ? I've posted this:

You should read the first post.
11-11-2021, 05:41 PM
(11-11-2021 12:19 PM)marcell Wrote:  Hi all, I've been messing around with my old desktop that has an Intel HD Graphics 2500 in it, i used the .exe method as it is the alternative method for older generation intel gpu's, but it seems that it sort of messed up some things (which is most likely my fault), i dont remember in what order these happened but after installing the EDID im pretty sure i got the option to pick a higher resolution than what my display's maximum resolution is, I also had some problems when playing VALORANT, where the game would have my monitor name as blank and i was unable to change the resolution of the game as it would just be stuck at custom. I'm currently using a random off-brand 1280x1024 TV as my monitor, eventually i just tried resetting CRU with the reset-all.exe and restarting my graphics driver, now i dont exactly remember if it happened exactly after i did that since i fiddled around a lot of settings, but my monitor became a generic non-PnP panel in device manager, so i looked up this thread and searched if any other person have had this problem which thankfully there was. And so i did the fix which was basically exporting an .inf file and installing it. which worked fine as now my monitor is recognized by device manager, but the higher resolution option than my display's maximum resolution and the valorant not recognizing my monitor's resolution still persists. Is there anything i could do to just factory reset my monitor/tv's EDID back before i used CRU? or maybe a custom EDID that i can use? I know this was probably caused by my negligence of not understanding it properly before using it but any help would be appreciated. Thank you if you read the whole thing and apologies if its too long.
CRU does not modify the monitor's EDID. It only creates software overrides, and running reset-all.exe removes all overrides. "Non-PnP" means the graphics driver couldn't read a valid EDID from the monitor. Try unplugging the monitor's power for a few minutes. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the graphics driver after using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-

If the problem persists after using DDU, then the problem is either the monitor's EDID is corrupted, which can happen with older monitors, or the cable is not allowing the EDID to pass through, which can happen with cables that are missing the DDC pins. CRU can't override a monitor without an EDID with older Intel GPUs.
11-11-2021, 05:41 PM
(11-11-2021 12:53 PM)XmaX Wrote:  And as expected, USB-C to Displayport works flawlessly at 4k@60Hz. Glad that it works, but disappointed that now I have a hub with a useless HDMI - had I known, I'd have bought one with DP.

Does anyone have any idea why Windows causes issues with the HDMI connection?
The problem isn't Windows. The problem is Intel's graphics driver. You'd have to ask Intel why the driver is not allowing HDMI 2.0, but their support is horrible and probably won't solve your problem.
11-12-2021, 01:25 AM
Hey @toastyx and thanks for this great tool!

I'm reasonably technical and I have read your first page here and I still can not figure out what I'm doing wrong here so maybe you could help me out?

All I want to do is remove all resolutions over 1920x1080 from my plugged in 4k TV. I simply remove them in the tool, press OK, then run restart64.exe. So far so good. Everything works.

The problem: Every time I reboot the computer, all the resolutions comes back in the Windows 10 settings panel, but not in my Nvidia control panel.

Now, if I run simply restart64 again, they vanish again. Another reboot and they are back again. I don't want to restart the graphics driver every time I reboot the computer. This is very weird because it always stays working in the Nvidia control panel.
11-12-2021, 03:50 AM
Does anyone know why I cannot set HDMI 2.1 VRR minimum above 48 Hz?
11-12-2021, 04:01 AM
(11-12-2021 03:50 AM)renegade Wrote:  Does anyone know why I cannot set HDMI 2.1 VRR minimum above 48 Hz?
HDMI 2.1 standard only allows minimum to be 1-48 and maximum to be 100-1023.
11-12-2021, 08:22 AM
(11-11-2021 05:40 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-11-2021 04:59 AM)LOV Wrote:  Can you help me ? I've posted this:

You should read the first post.

I read it, but still can't use 215hz on my monitor, my native resolution is 3440x1440 and on CRU 1.5.1, i can't insert 215hz in detailled resolution on 3440x1440 or 2560x1440, but 1024x768 @215hz is working (i use it on CSGO).

I deleted the default extenstion block, and i tried to add a DisplayID 2.0, then 3 detailed resolutions that i mentioned, my monitor is MSI Optix MPG341CQR