Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
06-03-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
How can I send you a video?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2022, 05:44 PM
(06-03-2022 03:34 PM)Chorama Wrote:  How can I send you a video?
Upload it somewhere and post the link.
06-03-2022, 06:17 PM
https://youtu.be/0qIpy14HSdY
06-03-2022, 06:42 PM
(06-03-2022 06:17 PM)Chorama Wrote:  https://youtu.be/0qIpy14HSdY
I asked you if you can see the boot screen before Windows starts and you said no! Show me what happens with the Novo button.
06-04-2022, 12:01 AM
Hello good sir,
First of all i am thankful for your work, i was surprised to see you still actively supporting the project and users. Secondly i have a question about changing the image size in the screen size block. My TV is overscanning in hdmi mode but not in dvi mode, i suspect it is because of the wrong data in this block but i seem to not be able to change it. I edit the bin file in EEditGold, export it, import in cru editor and upload it, but the next time i export the edid it is changed back to the wrong size. Is this like a security feature, or does it simply not let me override this part of the edid? Also do you perhaps know the reason why the overscanning only happens when hdmi support is added and not in dvi mode?
Greetings!
06-04-2022, 12:42 AM
(06-04-2022 12:01 AM)Suszter Wrote:  Hello good sir,
First of all i am thankful for your work, i was surprised to see you still actively supporting the project and users. Secondly i have a question about changing the image size in the screen size block. My TV is overscanning in hdmi mode but not in dvi mode, i suspect it is because of the wrong data in this block but i seem to not be able to change it. I edit the bin file in EEditGold, export it, import in cru editor and upload it, but the next time i export the edid it is changed back to the wrong size. Is this like a security feature, or does it simply not let me override this part of the edid? Also do you perhaps know the reason why the overscanning only happens when hdmi support is added and not in dvi mode?
Greetings!
The screen size information does not affect how the TV overscans. The TV overscans because it's designed to overscan video signals, not because of the EDID. DVI is typically used for computers, so it doesn't overscan DVI signals. https://www.monitortests.com/blog/fixing...an-issues/

The screen size is not used for anything in Windows except to determine the default scale, which can be changed in the Windows display settings. CRU will preserve the screen size if you import with "Import complete EDID" enabled. It does not preserve the image size in detailed resolutions, but that's not used for anything.
06-05-2022, 08:55 PM
So I tried using CRU to get my monitor to overclock to 1080p@144hz but in windows settings, it never appears the option to switch. And when I tried 1080p@120hz, the option does appear but switches back to 60hz. I am using an HDMI 2.0 port and I have an RTX 2060. I was told by a Microsoft Independent Advisor that I should come here to ask about that issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...e77cec3a10
06-05-2022, 09:20 PM
(06-05-2022 08:55 PM)froq Wrote:  So I tried using CRU to get my monitor to overclock to 1080p@144hz but in windows settings, it never appears the option to switch. And when I tried 1080p@120hz, the option does appear but switches back to 60hz. I am using an HDMI 2.0 port and I have an RTX 2060. I was told by a Microsoft Independent Advisor that I should come here to ask about that issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...e77cec3a10
The BenQ XL2430T does not support 1920x1080 @ 120/144 Hz with HDMI. You need to use DisplayPort.
06-05-2022, 11:09 PM (Last edited: 06-05-2022, 11:10 PM by x7007)
Hey, I hope it's something that can be fixed.

I bought HDFURY Vrroom which is an HDMI splitter that has many functions. But for some reason using my VRR on the LG OLED CX TV causing an issue.

Windows 11 x64 newest
I have AMD 6900XT newest drivers

On the TV I need to have Instant Gaming Response and Premium Freesync ON
Then I have VRR on the AMD driver menu, if I have IGR disabled then I'll have only Freesync on the menu.

For some reason AMD is not transferring the VRR to the TV, it always says Freesync, Nvidia doesn't have this issue. Can I do something with CRU to make the TV to give VRR?? I have no idea what to do if anyone has the experience or the idea. because I can't use the VRROOM at all, it's a $569 box

HDFURY said it can't transfer Freesync properly, only VRR.
06-06-2022, 02:13 AM
(06-05-2022 11:09 PM)x7007 Wrote:  For some reason AMD is not transferring the VRR to the TV, it always says Freesync, Nvidia doesn't have this issue. Can I do something with CRU to make the TV to give VRR?? I have no idea what to do if anyone has the experience or the idea. because I can't use the VRROOM at all, it's a $569 box
I can't find any information about whether AMD supports HDMI 2.1 VRR yet. Try deleting the FreeSync data block in the extension block. Then the driver should use VRR if it's supported.