Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
03-08-2024, 10:37 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(03-08-2024 09:25 PM)ziddey Wrote:  Right, I meant that because I can't achieve low memory clocks with all 3 monitors, I have the 3rd using displaylink at the moment. Unfortunately, this causes all my windows to shuffle after resuming from standby while the usb displaylink reconnects.
With multiple monitors, the issue is not only the amount of vertical blanking, but all the monitors need to be synchronized so that the vertical blanking happens at the same time, but that's hard to do when all the monitors are different resolutions and refresh rates.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2024, 12:45 PM
Hi all,

Having some problems using DLDSR to upscale from 3840x2160, in HDR on a Samsung QN85B. Using a 4090 with last version of Game Ready drivers (haven't updated yet as I do it through clean install and haven't prioritised getting around to it)

My active signal resolution defaults and locks to 4096x2160, which DLSDR then adds the 1.78 factor multiplier to. This results in a stretched image in 17:9 aspect ratio. I've tried using CRU to delete out all instances of this resolution but end up with a black screen and have to system restore to fix it

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated, I'm happy to just learn to see in 17:9 lol but would prefer not to if there's a workaround
03-12-2024, 07:05 PM
Hello Mr. Toasty,

I just got an Alienware AW2725DF. Nice QD-OLED with a little bit G-Sync-Flicker. There should be a fix (guru3d.com) for it. They used CRU for the fix. The Problem is: Every change I make with CRU, my Windows/Driver/Monitor just ignores. I got a RTX 3060 Ti and the AW2725 got an DP 1.4 DSC. Do you know a way to help me? I want to change the max Hz from 360 to 350 and the G-Sync-Range/FreeSync-Range to 349.

Greetings

DesTeufelsMusterknabe
03-13-2024, 04:08 AM
(03-12-2024 07:05 PM)DesTeufelsMusterknabe Wrote:  I just got an Alienware AW2725DF. Nice QD-OLED with a little bit G-Sync-Flicker. There should be a fix (guru3d.com) for it. They used CRU for the fix. The Problem is: Every change I make with CRU, my Windows/Driver/Monitor just ignores. I got a RTX 3060 Ti and the AW2725 got an DP 1.4 DSC. Do you know a way to help me? I want to change the max Hz from 360 to 350 and the G-Sync-Range/FreeSync-Range to 349.
If the changes are not taking effect, that's a driver bug that needs to be reported to NVIDIA.
03-13-2024, 04:08 AM
(03-11-2024 12:45 PM)zyzzvya23 Wrote:  My active signal resolution defaults and locks to 4096x2160, which DLSDR then adds the 1.78 factor multiplier to. This results in a stretched image in 17:9 aspect ratio. I've tried using CRU to delete out all instances of this resolution but end up with a black screen and have to system restore to fix it
If the the driver is crashing, that's a driver bug that needs to be reported to NVIDIA.
03-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Thank you!
03-13-2024, 09:33 AM
(03-13-2024 04:08 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-11-2024 12:45 PM)zyzzvya23 Wrote:  My active signal resolution defaults and locks to 4096x2160, which DLSDR then adds the 1.78 factor multiplier to. This results in a stretched image in 17:9 aspect ratio. I've tried using CRU to delete out all instances of this resolution but end up with a black screen and have to system restore to fix it
If the the driver is crashing, that's a driver bug that needs to be reported to NVIDIA.

I've tried a few different drivers and encountered the same issue, is there any chance its related to HDR?
03-14-2024, 02:26 AM
(03-13-2024 09:33 AM)zyzzvya23 Wrote:  I've tried a few different drivers and encountered the same issue, is there any chance its related to HDR?
I don't know what triggers it, but it's an NVIDIA driver bug that's been around for a while. Make sure you're deleting 4096x2160 in the HDMI data block as well.
03-17-2024, 04:33 PM (Last edited: 03-17-2024, 04:36 PM by akwldrk123)
It seems that you're encountering an issue with your Radeon VRAM clock staying fixed after rebooting despite using CRU (Custom Resolution Utility). When you apply the settings and run the restart executable included in the compressed file, the clock returns to normal, but after rebooting, the VRAM clock always gets stuck at the maximum. While other settings like the refresh rate seem to apply correctly, the VRAM clock doesn't work as expected. Running the restart executable again brings the clock back down. It appears that the settings aren't persisting properly. How can I resolve this?

During this time, whenever I rebooted, the internet browser would automatically launch, so I assumed that the VRAM clock was normal since it seemed fine even when viewing the regular desktop background. However, I later discovered that even when simply browsing the internet, I needed to disable hardware acceleration for the VRAM clock to return to normal. Because of this, I didn't notice any issues even when using version 1.51.

Having to run the restart executable every time I reboot is incredibly cumbersome.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-18-2024, 09:43 PM
(03-17-2024 04:33 PM)akwldrk123 Wrote:  It seems that you're encountering an issue with your Radeon VRAM clock staying fixed after rebooting despite using CRU (Custom Resolution Utility). When you apply the settings and run the restart executable included in the compressed file, the clock returns to normal, but after rebooting, the VRAM clock always gets stuck at the maximum. While other settings like the refresh rate seem to apply correctly, the VRAM clock doesn't work as expected. Running the restart executable again brings the clock back down. It appears that the settings aren't persisting properly. How can I resolve this?
If restarting the driver works around the problem, then it's a driver bug that needs to be reported to AMD. CRU can't do anything about this.