Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi,

okay, i finally understood... talking to noobs like me, is like talking to retarted people, please understand that too lol.

Anyway, i just did what you said, import the file. I tried with and without extension, i applied this to all beamers. In both versions with and without extensions the pc booted but displayed without eyefinity. However, without extension block 1 projector ran only in 60hz, the other 2 in 120hz. I could not change to 120hz in the win7 monitor settings.

and this notice came after boot: [Image: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/23/asejy9un.jpg]

WITH extension all projectors ran 120hz 1280x720 and i have created eyefinity without any problems but in 5760x1080 60hz, then i had to change resolution first in catalyst software to 3840x720 to have the same resolution in display settings selectable in windows, because without this the 3840x720 resolution was not shown as an option in windows display settings.

It does NOT work with 3D...

I hope this is the info you wanted.

Thank you for trying. If we manage to get 3D in eyefinity i promise to paypal you my gratitude!

On a side note, i will keep the 3840x720 for now but just so you know, my dream would be to run 3 times 1024x768 @ 120hz since i need a 4:3 aspect ratio for iracing. So yeah, if its fine with you 3072x768 @ 120hz would be awesome with 3D.

thanks and let me know if i can do something to help. (i have also deinstalled powerstripe and rebootrd of course prior to all doing what you told me)

TY
Alex
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(12-23-2013 12:17 AM)sickgamesentertainment Wrote:  Anyway, i just did what you said, import the file. I tried with and without extension, i applied this to all beamers. In both versions with and without extensions the pc booted but displayed without eyefinity. However, without extension block 1 projector ran only in 60hz, the other 2 in 120hz. I could not change to 120hz in the win7 monitor settings.
That's weird. Are you sure you imported the file for all three projectors? I don't know why it would ignore one of them.

What happens if you try this file instead: http://www.toastyx.net/720p120-hdmi.dat

Leave the extension block enabled for that one.

If that doesn't work with 3D, run reset-all.exe and reboot. Then run this program and send me one of the text files: http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServ...ID-1.2.zip
12-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi! I've been using CRU for months and it's worked great. However, I recently got another GTX 680 to SLI. I set up the SLI and patched CRU so that I got 96 Hz while SLI'd. Upon testing my SLI I figured out that the new 680 I received was basically fried - the PC recognized the card but that's about it. I'm now back on 1 GTX 680 for the time being, and for some reason I can't change Refresh rates, I'm stuck at 60. Tried rebooting and installing older drivers, neither have worked. Does anyone know a solution?
12-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Did you patch the driver after installing a different version?
Did you remember to disable the extension block?
Did you make sure GeForce Experience is not installed?
12-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Hi,

hope you all a had good xmas.

so yeah i am sure i imported on all three. I also tried the hdmi import file on all three, works great in eyefinity at 120hz but no 3D.

I am very sorry but i dont understand where to run the reset-all.exe from?
I have seen a reset button on CRU but since you write exe its gotta be some sort of separate software, right? I googled it, couldnt find it. Can you please elaborate for dummies...

thank you

Btw dont you think its weird that all projectors run 120hz but tridef software still writes that my graphicscard is not compatible with AMD HD3D?

Doesnt that sound more like hardware problems? Is it maybe the cables? The HDMI cables are 10 meters long, maybe its a problem?
The first cable i used when 3D was working was also 10meters but it was very high end approximately 150USD. The other two that i bought were cheap 1.4 Hdmi 10meter cables of off amazon.

I did mention that i use also three active adapters from displayport to HDMI.

TY

Alex
12-27-2013, 03:26 AM
(12-27-2013 02:12 AM)sickgamesentertainment Wrote:  I am very sorry but i dont understand where to run the reset-all.exe from?
I have seen a reset button on CRU but since you write exe its gotta be some sort of separate software, right? I googled it, couldnt find it. Can you please elaborate for dummies...
It comes with CRU in the zip file.

(12-27-2013 02:12 AM)sickgamesentertainment Wrote:  Btw dont you think its weird that all projectors run 120hz but tridef software still writes that my graphicscard is not compatible with AMD HD3D?
No, I think I know what the problem is. HDMI 3D support is defined in the extension block, which is why I need the EDID for your projector to see what 3D formats it supports. That way I can try creating a custom extension block that you can import. What I wonder is why 3D doesn't work with the default extension block with Eyefinity.
12-27-2013, 04:36 AM
(12-27-2013 01:45 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Did you patch the driver after installing a different version?
Did you remember to disable the extension block?
Did you make sure GeForce Experience is not installed?

That's what it was! I forgot to patch the driver, wow I feel stupid. Thanks so much!
12-28-2013, 12:11 AM (Last edited: 12-28-2013, 12:13 AM by sickgamesentertainment)
alright, thanks... i found the reset-all now and thats what i did.
Using the link that you provided i used the software to read out edid.
I hope this is the file that you wanted:
.txt  edid.txt (Size: 13.62 KB / Downloads: 761)

i think what you are looking for is in the manual " Compatibility Modes"     and "3D input campatibility"     and maybe also some this one:     (all three pages are in the attachment)
Take a look please, i attached an english copy of the manual.

Here is another stupid question for you:
Is it possible to delete or modify the EDID of the projector?
Cause i may have done so...
Or is that what we are doing anyway the whole time with the CRU?

thanks, appeciate what u do.

i guess there is a good chance you cant see s%&ยง on the attached files, huh?
Here is the link to manual, page 47,48 and 49.

http://www.google.at/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...7178,d.ZG4
12-28-2013, 04:55 AM
meanwhile not even one projector runs 3D... i dont get it.
12-28-2013, 07:33 PM
(12-28-2013 12:11 AM)sickgamesentertainment Wrote:  alright, thanks... i found the reset-all now and thats what i did.
Using the link that you provided i used the software to read out edid.
I hope this is the file that you wanted:
I need one of the text files, not the log file.

I want to try something simple first. Try importing this: http://www.toastyx.net/720p120-hdmi-3d.dat

Check if 3D works with and without Eyefinity.

(12-28-2013 12:11 AM)sickgamesentertainment Wrote:  Is it possible to delete or modify the EDID of the projector?
Cause i may have done so...
Or is that what we are doing anyway the whole time with the CRU?
CRU overrides the EDID through software. It doesn't affect the EDID on the projector.