Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
11-30-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(11-30-2016 04:46 AM)jillo Wrote:  Is there a way to use Nvidia Surround with 3 overclockable monitors (2x QX2710 and 1x Yamakasi Catleap) on a custom refresh rate? When Nvidia Surround is enabled I can only see 60 Hz.
Set up each monitor individually first with Surround disabled, and make sure the refresh rate you want is available on all three monitors. Ideally they should all have the same exact resolutions and timing parameters in CRU. Then set up and enable Surround.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2016, 10:52 PM
(11-30-2016 02:07 AM)havok6 Wrote:  I have no clue what i am doing wrong but ive been trying this out for hours on end trying to get this to work. I have an HP 27es 1920x1080 ips and i feel like ive tried everything to try to get this freesynce and nothing has worked can anyone give some insight on what could be the issue?
That's not a FreeSync monitor.
11-30-2016, 10:54 PM
(11-29-2016 06:05 PM)krml Wrote:  As a Qnix 2710 owner, I want to enable freesync on my monitor for 40-100hz range so bad. 60hz is simply not enough for me.

Is there any progress to use dual-link DVI with freesync yet? Do you think it can be implemented anytime soon? If not, I will be looking for a new monitor.
That's not something CRU can implement. The graphics driver has to implement that.
11-30-2016, 11:10 PM
(11-29-2016 03:14 AM)yukisyaoran Wrote:  Hello,
I am using Y50-70 Laptop (Lenovo) with mix of NVIDIA and intel graphic driver. Native solution is 4K, 48Hz, and 1080p 60Hz according to Lenovo. However, my laptop is locked at 48Hz, Lenovo promised to release a BIOS to fix it years ago so I assume they wouldn't do it ever.
I've tried overclocking using this program but it does not work (I'm running Win 10-64bit), 48Hz is still the only option.
I also tried custom resolution in Intel HD settings but it resulted in "the custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity".
I'm using GeForce GTX 860M, Intel® HD Graphics 4600 all latest driver.
CRU will not work on laptops with switchable graphics until Intel adds support for EDID overrides. It's also likely that 60 Hz will not be possible because of bandwidth limitations. The 1080p 60 Hz model uses a different panel.
11-30-2016, 11:10 PM
Hello ToastyX i registered on this forum to know if you can help me. I'm a owner of a BENQ XL2420T @ 120Hz(double dvi connector) and a semi-pro csgo player, i installed your lightboost app and the results on csgo and on movies(with reclock and madvr) were amazing.
I'm a real noob on the display/monitor tweaking so i'm asking for your help so lets start:
Does Lightboost give you more input lag? (i'm playing at 10% lightboost)
I'm playing cs:go at 1280:1024 streched on nvidia panel (bcause i can't strech on monitor with the lighboost on) my question is would i benefit from creating on your CRU app a 1280:1024 custom resolution?, i installed the program but i dont understand timing at all, pixel frequency etc.. so i was hoping for your help, what settings should i use?
i installed your patcher too what benefits does this patch bring me?
i was hoping that you could help me create a custom resolution with the fastest response possible whtouth tearing etc... and another one 1080p resolution to watch movies! thank you
11-30-2016, 11:29 PM
(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)bizuka Wrote:  Hello ToastyX i registered on this forum to know if you can help me. I'm a owner of a BENQ XL2420T @ 120Hz(double dvi connector) and a semi-pro csgo player, i installed your lightboost app and the results on csgo and on movies(with reclock and madvr) were amazing.
I'm a real noob on the display/monitor tweaking so i'm asking for your help so lets start:
Technically it does because monitors refresh from top to bottom, so it has to wait until the refresh is complete before strobling the backlight. That means the middle of the screen would be delayed by about 4 ms at 120 Hz.

(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)bizuka Wrote:  I'm playing cs:go at 1280:1024 streched on nvidia panel (bcause i can't strech on monitor with the lighboost on) my question is would i benefit from creating on your CRU app a 1280:1024 custom resolution?, i installed the program but i dont understand timing at all, pixel frequency etc.. so i was hoping for your help, what settings should i use?
LightBoost only works at the native resolution, so you have to use GPU scaling for lower resolutions. Without GPU scaling, resolutions created with CRU will be sent directly to the monitor. CRU has timing options to help fill in the values.

(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)bizuka Wrote:  i installed your patcher too what benefits does this patch bring me?
i was hoping that you could help me create a custom resolution with the fastest response possible whtouth tearing etc... and another one 1080p resolution to watch movies! thank you
The patch does nothing except remove some pixel clock limits. It's not needed for LightBoost. Strobelight already does everything that's needed.
12-01-2016, 12:21 AM
(11-30-2016 10:46 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-30-2016 09:14 PM)PooperJackson Wrote:  But more importantly are these HDMI blocks. I don't understand what those are or whether or not I need them lol. Thanks.
You'll need the HDMI support data block for HDMI to work correctly.

Are there specific situations in which this is needed and others not? Because I am using HDMI, added the resolution with none of the blocks and I'm getting audio over hdmi, including bitstreaming.
12-01-2016, 12:23 AM
(11-30-2016 11:29 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)bizuka Wrote:  Hello ToastyX i registered on this forum to know if you can help me. I'm a owner of a BENQ XL2420T @ 120Hz(double dvi connector) and a semi-pro csgo player, i installed your lightboost app and the results on csgo and on movies(with reclock and madvr) were amazing.
Technically it does because monitors refresh from top to bottom, so it has to wait until the refresh is complete before strobling the backlight. That means the middle of the screen would be delayed by about 4 ms at 120 Hz.

(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)bizuka Wrote:  I'm playing cs:go at 1280:1024 streched on nvidia panel (bcause i can't strech on monitor with the lighboost on) my question is would i benefit from creating on your CRU app a 1280:1024 custom resolution?, i installed the program but i dont understand timing at all, pixel frequency etc.. so i was hoping for your help, what settings should i use?
LightBoost only works at the native resolution, so you have to use GPU scaling for lower resolutions. Without GPU scaling, resolutions created with CRU will be sent directly to the monitor. CRU has timing options to help fill in the values.

(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)bizuka Wrote:  i installed your patcher too what benefits does this patch bring me?
The patch does nothing except remove some pixel clock limits. It's not needed for LightBoost. Strobelight already does everything that's needed.

toasty, so can you help me create a custom resolution 1280:1024 on the CRU?
my doubts are:
Timings: should i select an automatic timer? if so wich one? or should i go for the manual? if so what values should i introduce on: front and back porch, sync with blanking and total , horizontal frequency pixel clock and interlaced?
12-01-2016, 12:34 AM
(11-30-2016 11:10 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-29-2016 03:14 AM)yukisyaoran Wrote:  Hello,
I am using Y50-70 Laptop (Lenovo) with mix of NVIDIA and intel graphic driver. Native solution is 4K, 48Hz, and 1080p 60Hz according to Lenovo. However, my laptop is locked at 48Hz, Lenovo promised to release a BIOS to fix it years ago so I assume they wouldn't do it ever.
I've tried overclocking using this program but it does not work (I'm running Win 10-64bit), 48Hz is still the only option.
I also tried custom resolution in Intel HD settings but it resulted in "the custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity".
I'm using GeForce GTX 860M, Intel® HD Graphics 4600 all latest driver.
CRU will not work on laptops with switchable graphics until Intel adds support for EDID overrides. It's also likely that 60 Hz will not be possible because of bandwidth limitations. The 1080p 60 Hz model uses a different panel.

Hey Toasty,
It is possible if I buy an external 60Hz/114Hz and plug it into the HDMI port of my laptop to experience higher refresh rate?
Thank you.
12-01-2016, 06:31 AM
(11-30-2016 10:52 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-30-2016 02:07 AM)havok6 Wrote:  I have no clue what i am doing wrong but ive been trying this out for hours on end trying to get this to work. I have an HP 27es 1920x1080 ips and i feel like ive tried everything to try to get this freesynce and nothing has worked can anyone give some insight on what could be the issue?
That's not a FreeSync monitor.

so i cant enable freesynce with this monitor? even with the block?