Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-11-2016, 03:57 PM (Last edited: 12-11-2016, 11:20 PM by Rindoukan)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
I bought a Dell P2416D. It's connected with an HDMI cable to ati Radeon 4670HD.
Sadly because Ati doesn't support that VC anymore there's no Catalyst center on Windows 10.

That monitor is able to get QHD 2560x1440 60Hz resolution.I know for a fact that my video card supports that as well. But in the system settings, it hits the 1080p mark. doesn't show me a bigger resolution.

I'm not tech savvy ,so Im hesitant to use this app, purely out of fear not to fuck up the new monitor.What I fear is that I don't understand the whole timing setting specifically.
[Image: yffwYXo.png]

I can see the resolution already in the Detailed resolutions list

[Image: x47Zra2.png]
Once It gets to this part I'm completely lost on what setting to use and whatnot.I mean I read the description provided ,yet I'm slow in the head and I couldn't understand what setting am I suppose to choose from it.

Any help would be much appreciated !

EDIT: I picked the LCD Standard, Ok-ed. Ran the Restart.exe. It restarted the driver but I still didn't have the resolution in the system settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2016, 01:21 AM
(12-11-2016 03:57 PM)Rindoukan Wrote:  I bought a Dell P2416D. It's connected with an HDMI cable to ati Radeon 4670HD.
Sadly because Ati doesn't support that VC anymore there's no Catalyst center on Windows 10.

That monitor is able to get QHD 2560x1440 60Hz resolution.I know for a fact that my video card supports that as well. But in the system settings, it hits the 1080p mark. doesn't show me a bigger resolution.
I know for a fact that video card does not support 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz with HDMI. That requires a 7000-series or newer card. This is mentioned under pixel clock limits. The pixel clock patch can get around that limit for 5000/6000-series cards, but the last time I checked, it did not work for 4000-series cards: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher

(12-11-2016 03:57 PM)Rindoukan Wrote:  Once It gets to this part I'm completely lost on what setting to use and whatnot.I mean I read the description provided ,yet I'm slow in the head and I couldn't understand what setting am I suppose to choose from it.

Any help would be much appreciated !

EDIT: I picked the LCD Standard, Ok-ed. Ran the Restart.exe. It restarted the driver but I still didn't have the resolution in the system settings.
I don't understand what you're doing. The resolution is already there, and it already matches the "LCD standard/native" timing parameters. Changing the timing parameters won't help. The problem is your video card does not support pixel clocks greater than 165 MHz with HDMI. The pixel clock is the total number of pixels per second (horizontal total * vertical total * refresh rate). The only thing that would help is reducing the refresh rate to 40 Hz, but chances are the monitor will not accept that.
12-13-2016, 09:43 AM
(12-08-2016 07:44 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 02:44 PM)dieandromeda Wrote:  that is my assumption. regarding monitor driver, yes it use "Generic PnP Monitor" since I'm using TV, no specific driver installed.
Then it has to be an NVIDIA driver bug. If you see any "4:2:0 capability map" or "Video preference" data blocks, try deleting them.

i see 4.2.0 capability. how about video preference?do u mean "video capability"?
12-13-2016, 07:28 PM
(12-13-2016 09:43 AM)dieandromeda Wrote:  i see 4.2.0 capability. how about video preference?do u mean "video capability"?
No, "Video capability" is something else. If you don't see it, don't worry about it. Just delete all the 4:2:0 data blocks and see if that helps.
12-17-2016, 10:58 AM (Last edited: 12-17-2016, 11:00 AM by Roshi)
Hello, new here.
I have a Samsung S24E390HL monitor, and ATI Radeon HD 4670. It is connected through HDMI.

I cannot set a custom resolution of 1920 with 1080 at 75Hz, it does not appear in monitor refresh rates after I restart.

I placed it in the customs resolutions, with LCD Standard, or Native, or in the standard resolutions, or I clicked edit on the extension block, and added it there, it does not work. I imported the hdmi.dat file, and added it there in the extension block, the monitor gives an error message and I need to restart in safe mode to reset.

There is a video here showing my exact monitor, using CRU 1.0, unchecking "enable extension block", but it did not work for me, my monitor refresh rates after the restart show the only choice is 60Hz, the other choices are gone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3U_kRt3y_o

Also this review says the monitor can be overclocked at 75Hz, using CRU and HDMI:
https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-s24e390hl/

What am I doing wrong? I tried with or without the monitor driver. Is it something from ATI Catalyst? The pixel format, or another setting?

The thing is - I did succeed in overclocking it at 70Hz - and I cannot remember what I did with what settings, then I tried for 75 Hz and reset it, and it does not work in any way, 70 or 75, the refresh rate does not appear after restart.
12-18-2016, 07:20 AM
(12-17-2016 10:58 AM)Roshi Wrote:  I have a Samsung S24E390HL monitor, and ATI Radeon HD 4670. It is connected through HDMI.

I cannot set a custom resolution of 1920 with 1080 at 75Hz, it does not appear in monitor refresh rates after I restart.

I placed it in the customs resolutions, with LCD Standard, or Native, or in the standard resolutions, or I clicked edit on the extension block, and added it there, it does not work.
Your video card does not support pixel clocks greater than 165 MHz with HDMI. Using "LCD reduced" will keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz at 75 Hz. If that doesn't work, then you'll need a newer video card to get 75 Hz.
12-18-2016, 09:52 AM
(12-18-2016 07:20 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-17-2016 10:58 AM)Roshi Wrote:  I have a Samsung S24E390HL monitor, and ATI Radeon HD 4670. It is connected through HDMI.

I placed it in the customs resolutions, with LCD Standard, or Native, or in the standard resolutions, or I clicked edit on the extension block, and added it there, it does not work.
Your video card does not support pixel clocks greater than 165 MHz with HDMI. Using "LCD reduced" will keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz at 75 Hz. If that doesn't work, then you'll need a newer video card to get 75 Hz.
Thank you!
12-19-2016, 02:04 AM
New User here:

I hate to alert you publicly but after finding no previous history about this issue in these forums and no private means of contact I thought this should be brought to your attention.

I just downloaded CRU and upon extracting the content was alerted by Norton AV that file reset-all.exe contained threat Heur.AdvML.C. Norton immediately quarantined the reset-all file. I've submitted it to them for confirmation.

Plz advise...
12-21-2016, 05:47 PM (Last edited: 12-21-2016, 05:47 PM by ylts)
would this work for my laptop which has nvidia 740m and intel hd 4000 (optimus) or do i have to wait for the intel edid override support?
12-22-2016, 04:03 AM
Hi I am new to the forum. I have a problem with CRU 1.3 and need to know how to fix it. I have a new LG 27UD68 and RX 470 and was trying to extend the range from 40-61Hz up to 35-72Hz. I discovered the 72Hz upper limit frocing it using NVidia. Problem is that after using CRU, I only get 30Hz max using a DP 1.2

The Rx 470 is replacing a GTX 970 to use the freesync of my monitor and now I am stumped and don't know what to do. How can I fix or revert?

I tried re-entering the old 40-61Hz values before the change and it still only plays at 30Hz.

Thanks and Merry Christmas if I don't hear from anyone before then.

Wally