Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
03-15-2017, 10:27 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(03-13-2017 06:12 PM)Alpha Cheese Wrote:  I'm curious though, would there be any issues with lowering the minimum freesync value to below 30hz? What if I bought it down to 20hz? And would freesync "work better" if I were to narrow the range to say 30-120hz?
There's no point because LFC will take over below 30 FPS anyway. Some monitors will have visible flicker caused by the inversion pattern at low refresh rates.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2017, 10:50 PM
(03-14-2017 01:26 AM)Julio Cesar Wrote:  Hi, I have a problem with my external monitor, is not available to configurate >60hz. the panel control of nvidia GTX 970m (only have 3d configuration).

I try with the last version CRU, and dont work.

The Monitor work at full hd and without problem in games like GS:GO. (DVI dual to Mini Display port)

Details

* Laptop https://www.msi.com/Laptop/gs40-6qe-phan...o-overview
* Monitor http://www.lg.com/cl/monitores/lg-24GM77
You need to use a DisplayPort cable to get higher refresh rates with that laptop and monitor. Do not use an adapter.
03-16-2017, 01:45 PM (Last edited: 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM by tobindax)
Photo RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
[Image: lEnFZmj.png]

Dude. Suggestion. Since AMD is going to likely fail - intermittently - to make CRU work consistently without reboot tricks and workarounds, you might want to cook a fast way to do that automatically with a batch script.

Also relevant: Does anyone have a batch script/start method that does that automatically?

I won't update the drivers if I have to manually fiddle with it each reboot.
03-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Just registered to say this: THE PROBLEM ARE AMD DRIVERS AND IN DETRIMENT OF AMD TOO, NOT ONLY CRU.

I've tested creating a custom resolution within AMD panel and after reboot it didn't works.
Even if GPU Scaling remains active. So, when you DEACTIVATE it works.

I mean, CRU or custom resolution in AMD settings only works if enable OR DISABLE GPU Scaling.

This IS a bug. Cause AMD settings doesn't works properly too.

All need to report it AS A BUG, no need to involve CRU on the report: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D237172CA7
03-16-2017, 04:15 PM (Last edited: 03-16-2017, 04:19 PM by torankusu)
(03-15-2017 10:25 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 03:23 AM)torankusu Wrote:  All we need to do is add the native resolution of the monitor 2560x1440 and add the refresh rate 120hz. so i end up with 2 entries on detailed resolutions, 1440p @ 60 (default one) and 1440p @ 120hz (the extra one that i added)
After doing this i was able to get 60 and 120hz on all other resolutions Smile.

Now i noticed blue horizontal lines from time to time, what does this means, am i overcloking too much?
Your monitor or video card might not be able to handle the high pixel clock required for 2560x1440 @ 120 Hz. Try the "LCD reduced" timing option. If that doesn't help, try reducing the totals further to 2652x1445. If that still doesn't help, you'll have to try a lower refresh rate.

Hi ToastyX, thanks for the input but the lines happened while playing @ 1080p 120hz, for now i have it @115hz and is ok. Thanks for your help sir.
03-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Two questions:

1.) where exactly are the EDID information (which CRU shows) stored in Registry (for 64bit Windows 7)?

2.) When I click on the button "delete" for a certain entry in CRU:
Is then only the registry key deleted or the corresponding monitor driver uninstalled as well?

Peter
03-17-2017, 09:41 AM (Last edited: 03-17-2017, 09:43 AM by tstivers)
I've used this program successfully in the past.

I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro x64 and had to apply the fix again.

In my case the fix is to remove all the extension blocks, which gives me the same result as I would get if I connect the TV via vga cable and save the EDID file with the AMD EDID Utility and import it with CRU.

This time, however, I ran into some issues. With the default driver Windows installs through Windows update, after applying the fix with CRU. When I reboot, my secondary monitor (not the one the fix is applied to) is disabled and only my primary display is used (the one I've applied the fix to with CRU). I updated the driver to the latest version directly from AMD to see if this would resolve this issue. It did. But now I have a much more frustrating issue. The TV the fix is applied to has some funky colors. White turns into a nasty green tint, and black turns into a nasty purple tint. If I remove the fix, all goes back to normal aside from the TV not being crisp like it should be. I can get the tint to go away by going into radeon additional settings, custom resolutions, adding a new custom resolution and verifying.

I'm going to attempt a reboot after trying it this time to see if it holds after a reboot, but I believe it will not hold the proper colors after a reboot, and will go back to the green/purple tint.

EDIT: The colors did in fact stay stay normal as they should be after doing this. I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else has the same issue, so they may be able to resolve it. If someone knows what causes this and would like to chime in, more information would be welcome as it would be nice to know the cause.
03-18-2017, 11:45 PM
(03-17-2017 07:38 AM)pstein Wrote:  1.) where exactly are the EDID information (which CRU shows) stored in Registry (for 64bit Windows 7)?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY

(03-17-2017 07:38 AM)pstein Wrote:  2.) When I click on the button "delete" for a certain entry in CRU:
Is then only the registry key deleted or the corresponding monitor driver uninstalled as well?
CRU only deletes the current EDID and the EDID_OVERRIDE key. The current EDID is automatically added back when the graphics driver detects a monitor. It does not uninstall the monitor driver, but if the driver contained an EDID_OVERRIDE key, it is still removed.
03-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Hi!

I cant do any changes with cru, tried many (if not all) combinations/suggestions posted here (and even in other forums/google).

My method:
Windows10+GTX770->HDMI 2.0-Cable->Samsung HT-F5500->HDMI 2.0-Cable->Samsung UE55JS8090

Problem: only 30Hz available (only 29Hz at 4096x2160), TV can do much more. NVIDIA-Custom-Resolution does not work (I can "test" 60Hz but it delivers only 30 or 29). Changes with CRU do not appear in Windows 10 / NVIDIA-Control-Center.

If i connect GPU and TV directly via HDMI (and 5.1-HT via Toslink or ARC), I can choose 60Hz without any problems, but have no 5.1-Sound (already tried a miliion things too). So this is not really a solution.

What am I doing wrong?
03-20-2017, 04:30 PM (Last edited: 03-20-2017, 04:37 PM by yungbaldie)
Hello guys. Maybe you can help me, im looking for a solution for 3days Sad
I was using CRU till last thursday, everything was working fine. I had to format my laptop (Acer v5-591g, samsung syncmaster 920NW, vga cable). After format I installed some Windows 10 Update things. I was trying to use drivers that ive been using before(https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...ta-15-45-#) but im not able to install them. Sometimes it installs but nothing happens, sometimes i get error with "you are not able to meet minimum requirements". I tried everything: installing Acer stock driver, uninstall it---> install new driver, uninstall driver via Device manager--->install new driver. But nothing works. Please help! Thanks
I'm using 64bit system, I7-6700HQ and GTX950m