Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-30-2017, 09:04 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(09-30-2017 01:06 PM)rezsan Wrote:  I think this monitor isn't compatible with my laptop, but can changing refresh rate solve my problem?
or is there other solution?
I don't have your hardware, so I don't know what will work. This should work correctly without changing the refresh rate if the connections are good and you have the correct panel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2017, 09:14 PM
(09-30-2017 12:12 PM)Tweakforce_LG Wrote:  I have an AOC E2450SD 60hz TN monitor.
I got it to hit 75hz with the driver patch. Do DVI monitors have a scaler? I am trying to enable freesync with a range of 55-74hz (monitors spec sheet says its range is 55-76hz vertical).
I used the HDMI block OC'd to 660MHz along with the freesync module but after a reboot the driver still detects the monitor as DVI-D not HDMI. That means it wont allow the freesync option to be available. There are other AOC monitors with 2460 in their model number that support freesync at 75hz. They have the same panel as mine. Is there anything im doing wrong in my configuration
Any monitor with an OSD has a scaler. Getting FreeSync to work with DVI requires tricking the driver into thinking it's HDMI, which requires physically unplugging and reconnecting the DVI cable with the RX 480. This has to be done after every reboot, so it's not practical. I don't understand why you are setting the maximum TMDS clock to 660 MHz when that does nothing, or why you are including the range limits in the main window with the maximum pixel clock set to 170 MHz, which isn't necessary either and contradicts your config. You shouldn't need anything except the HDMI data block and the FreeSync data block and a detailed resolution for the maximum refresh rate.

I don't like that thread because it gives the impression that FreeSync can work with any monitor when that's not the case. Only a few monitors don't have scalers. I've only confirmed this works with the overclockable Korean Catleap/QNIX monitors. I haven't seen any proof of it working with anything else. People keep asking for help on monitors that clearly can't do it, and CRU was not intended for that purpose.
09-30-2017, 09:18 PM
(09-30-2017 06:29 AM)BlakeThoennes Wrote:  Got 4 x 4k Sceptre Monitors. Immediately had issues with HDMI/DisplayPort. 2 x monitors went to 4k, the other 2 1024/768 max. LCDs were not registering correct model in device manager, just generic plug and play and non plug and play (2x each)...

Was very sad... initial research indicated NO drivers available... and the video cards (2x1070gtx) had proper drivers, after all, two monitors WERE working correctly...

I found i needed to order 1.4ver Displayport cables per another message board...

But, why would it work for two? I didnt have ANY dp 1.4...
Monitors don't need drivers. This should be plug and play. "Generic PnP Monitor" is fine. "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" is not fine and usually indicates a problem with the EDID. You should check each monitor to make sure it works individually with the same cable. If not, the monitor is defective and needs to be replaced.
09-30-2017, 09:24 PM
(09-30-2017 05:19 AM)alessander Wrote:  I having black screens when I activate the FS, and/or in most refresh rates set by CRU (in range up to 60Hz). Is this evidence that V32F390F scaler does not support the FS and custom resolution/refresh rate settings?
The screen blacking out usually indicates the monitor can't handle FreeSync.
09-30-2017, 09:57 PM
(09-30-2017 08:59 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 07:35 PM)jesselid Wrote:  I had my 4k TV (30Hz) working perfectly for a year using CRU until the TV did a mandatory update 3 days ago. Now I get a green halo around lines/text. This is strange because my color settings in the TV's menu didn't seem to change during the update. What do I need to do to get rid of it?
I don't understand why you are using CRU for this. The TV should support 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz out of the box. Are you using HDMI? Your config doesn't make sense for HDMI because that would send a DVI signal, which normally wouldn't work correctly with a TV beyond 165 MHz pixel clock without patching the graphics driver. What GPU do you have?
Oh weird... Yes using HDMI out of a Radeon HD 7800 into my 4K toshiba 49L621U.
Also I did patch using atikmdag-patcher
09-30-2017, 10:45 PM
hi
any way to fake win 10 to allow hdr option to my screen gw2250 va panel 3000:1 for fun but i love it if possible Heart
10-01-2017, 01:52 AM
(09-30-2017 09:14 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 12:12 PM)Tweakforce_LG Wrote:  I have an AOC E2450SD 60hz TN monitor.
I got it to hit 75hz with the driver patch. Do DVI monitors have a scaler? I am trying to enable freesync with a range of 55-74hz (monitors spec sheet says its range is 55-76hz vertical).
I used the HDMI block OC'd to 660MHz along with the freesync module but after a reboot the driver still detects the monitor as DVI-D not HDMI. That means it wont allow the freesync option to be available. There are other AOC monitors with 2460 in their model number that support freesync at 75hz. They have the same panel as mine. Is there anything im doing wrong in my configuration
Any monitor with an OSD has a scaler. Getting FreeSync to work with DVI requires tricking the driver into thinking it's HDMI, which requires physically unplugging and reconnecting the DVI cable with the RX 480. This has to be done after every reboot, so it's not practical. I don't understand why you are setting the maximum TMDS clock to 660 MHz when that does nothing, or why you are including the range limits in the main window with the maximum pixel clock set to 170 MHz, which isn't necessary either and contradicts your config. You shouldn't need anything except the HDMI data block and the FreeSync data block and a detailed resolution for the maximum refresh rate.

I don't like that thread because it gives the impression that FreeSync can work with any monitor when that's not the case. Only a few monitors don't have scalers. I've only confirmed this works with the overclockable Korean Catleap/QNIX monitors. I haven't seen any proof of it working with anything else. People keep asking for help on monitors that clearly can't do it, and CRU was not intended for that purpose.
Unplugging and repulgging alsways results in it not detecting the replug. Meaning I have to reboot to get display again. I think I'll try a HDMI to dvi cable. If that fails I may just buy a freesync monitor anyway.
10-01-2017, 07:35 AM (Last edited: 10-01-2017, 07:37 AM by Signex)
Hello,

I've registered just to ask this, i've been using CRU before but i seem to have bumped to a rather strange issue.

I have a LG 29UM79G-B ultrawide with freesync, 2560x1080/75hz.

I've used the NVIDIA patcher cause i'm using a 780 Ti Matrix.

I have 3440x1440 working, i get an image in-game but still i get the out of range on the screen.
But it actually isn't, cause i can see the game running at the resolution but how do i get rid of this message?

I can't use NVIDIA's DSR cause the resolutions are never shown in-game, wich pisses me off.
CRU is the only solution for downsampling for me.
10-01-2017, 11:38 AM
(10-01-2017 07:35 AM)Signex Wrote:  I have a LG 29UM79G-B ultrawide with freesync, 2560x1080/75hz.

I've used the NVIDIA patcher cause i'm using a 780 Ti Matrix.

I have 3440x1440 working, i get an image in-game but still i get the out of range on the screen.
But it actually isn't, cause i can see the game running at the resolution but how do i get rid of this message?

I can't use NVIDIA's DSR cause the resolutions are never shown in-game, wich pisses me off.
CRU is the only solution for downsampling for me.
CRU is not a downsampling tool. CRU is for defining monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. The monitor must support the resolution. You can't get rid of the "out of range" message. That's the monitor telling you it doesn't officially support the resolution. Secondly, I don't understand why you're using the patch. It shouldn't be needed with HDMI or DisplayPort. Also, have you checked if that monitor can actually do 75 Hz with an NVIDIA card? Many 75 Hz FreeSync monitors skip frames at refresh rates greater than 60 Hz without an AMD card. Use this test with a camera: http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping
10-01-2017, 11:40 AM
(10-01-2017 01:52 AM)Tweakforce_LG Wrote:  Unplugging and repulgging alsways results in it not detecting the replug. Meaning I have to reboot to get display again. I think I'll try a HDMI to dvi cable. If that fails I may just buy a freesync monitor anyway.
Sounds like it might be working and your monitor can't handle an HDMI signal. The trick won't work with an HDMI-DVI cable.