Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-01-2017, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 07:37 AM by Signex.)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hello,

I've registered just to ask this, i've been using CRU before but i seem to have bumped to a rather strange issue.

I have a LG 29UM79G-B ultrawide with freesync, 2560x1080/75hz.

I've used the NVIDIA patcher cause i'm using a 780 Ti Matrix.

I have 3440x1440 working, i get an image in-game but still i get the out of range on the screen.
But it actually isn't, cause i can see the game running at the resolution but how do i get rid of this message?

I can't use NVIDIA's DSR cause the resolutions are never shown in-game, wich pisses me off.
CRU is the only solution for downsampling for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2017, 11:38 AM
(10-01-2017 07:35 AM)Signex Wrote:  I have a LG 29UM79G-B ultrawide with freesync, 2560x1080/75hz.

I've used the NVIDIA patcher cause i'm using a 780 Ti Matrix.

I have 3440x1440 working, i get an image in-game but still i get the out of range on the screen.
But it actually isn't, cause i can see the game running at the resolution but how do i get rid of this message?

I can't use NVIDIA's DSR cause the resolutions are never shown in-game, wich pisses me off.
CRU is the only solution for downsampling for me.
CRU is not a downsampling tool. CRU is for defining monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. The monitor must support the resolution. You can't get rid of the "out of range" message. That's the monitor telling you it doesn't officially support the resolution. Secondly, I don't understand why you're using the patch. It shouldn't be needed with HDMI or DisplayPort. Also, have you checked if that monitor can actually do 75 Hz with an NVIDIA card? Many 75 Hz FreeSync monitors skip frames at refresh rates greater than 60 Hz without an AMD card. Use this test with a camera: http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping
10-01-2017, 11:40 AM
(10-01-2017 01:52 AM)Tweakforce_LG Wrote:  Unplugging and repulgging alsways results in it not detecting the replug. Meaning I have to reboot to get display again. I think I'll try a HDMI to dvi cable. If that fails I may just buy a freesync monitor anyway.
Sounds like it might be working and your monitor can't handle an HDMI signal. The trick won't work with an HDMI-DVI cable.
10-01-2017, 11:42 AM
(09-30-2017 10:45 PM)bazoka2012 Wrote:  any way to fake win 10 to allow hdr option to my screen gw2250 va panel 3000:1 for fun but i love it if possible Heart
HDR requires hardware support. The question doesn't make sense because where is the monitor going to get the extra dynamic range from if it doesn't have it in the first place?
10-01-2017, 11:51 AM
(09-30-2017 09:57 PM)jesselid Wrote:  Oh weird... Yes using HDMI out of a Radeon HD 7800 into my 4K toshiba 49L621U.
Also I did patch using atikmdag-patcher
It will work that way with the patch, but I don't see why you need to do that. Your GPU and the TV should both support 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz without any special tricks. The new firmware might not be handling the DVI signal correctly. Either add an extension block with HDMI support, or run reset-all.exe and reboot to use the monitor's defaults.
10-01-2017, 03:07 PM
(10-01-2017 11:51 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 09:57 PM)jesselid Wrote:  Oh weird... Yes using HDMI out of a Radeon HD 7800 into my 4K toshiba 49L621U.
Also I did patch using atikmdag-patcher
It will work that way with the patch, but I don't see why you need to do that. Your GPU and the TV should both support 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz without any special tricks. The new firmware might not be handling the DVI signal correctly. Either add an extension block with HDMI support, or run reset-all.exe and reboot to use the monitor's defaults.
I think I tried to reset everything when I was troubleshooting last week, and could only achieve 1080p as max resolution. I vaguely remember when I first got the TV it only give me max 1080P so that’s when I found CRU. Super weird. I’ll try block extension HDMI. Any specific parameters? Also, how did you figure out that I’m set up for DVI instead of HDMI? Thanks again!
10-01-2017, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 05:57 PM by bazoka2012.)
tnx body
10-02-2017, 02:38 PM
> No Displays found in registry

Hi I remember I tried to use this utility long time ago but fail to make it work and while experimenting I remember that I probably deleted all listed monitor. Since then I change my craphic carg from a GeForce 210 to a Geforce 710. I tried the patcher again and worked but the app still does not run. Is there a way to restore the default active monitor so I can try to add a custom resolution?.
10-03-2017, 01:08 AM
(10-02-2017 02:38 PM)tolisss Wrote:  > No Displays found in registry

Hi I remember I tried to use this utility long time ago but fail to make it work and while experimenting I remember that I probably deleted all listed monitor. Since then I change my craphic carg from a GeForce 210 to a Geforce 710. I tried the patcher again and worked but the app still does not run. Is there a way to restore the default active monitor so I can try to add a custom resolution?.
What monitor do you have and how is it connected? You shouldn't be getting that message unless there's a problem with the monitor. The graphics driver automatically detects monitors after rebooting or running restart.exe. What does Device Manager show for the monitor?
10-03-2017, 01:16 AM
(10-01-2017 03:07 PM)jesselid Wrote:  I think I tried to reset everything when I was troubleshooting last week, and could only achieve 1080p as max resolution. I vaguely remember when I first got the TV it only give me max 1080P so that’s when I found CRU. Super weird. I’ll try block extension HDMI. Any specific parameters? Also, how did you figure out that I’m set up for DVI instead of HDMI? Thanks again!
HDMI is treated as DVI if there's no extension block with an HDMI data block. Just add an HDMI data block with the defaults. You shouldn't need the patch with HDMI either.