Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
11-11-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hello all. Quick question. Smile

I have a Pixio PX277 1440p freesync monitor. I used to be able to use CRU to set it's freesync range from 50-144hz to 55-144hz . (This kept from flickering in some games)

Somewhere along the lines of the Windows fall creators update, and new AMD driver's it appears that making freesync range changes don't work as expected anymore and simply cause stuttering and flickering on any games. (Not desktop)

Could this be resolved somehow in CRU or is it maybe a monitor problem?

Thanks all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 02:55 PM
(11-10-2017 11:37 PM)Calan Wrote:  Hello, I've tried other mini DP converter, no one works, so I return here, my last solution.
My screen is a Fujitsu siemens Scencview p24-1w (second screen)
https://www.cnet.com/products/fujitsu-sc...-24/specs/
First problem is you didn't follow the instructions. Do not add the native resolution as a standard resolution. Add it as a detailed resolution with the "LCD standard" timing parameters. If the resolution still doesn't show up, then EDID overrides are not working with your laptop.

The main cause for your original issue seems to be a missing or corrupted EDID. CRU is supposed to show you what the monitor defines if the driver can read the EDID. "PNP09FF - Generic Non-PnP Monitor" means either the driver couldn't read the EDID for some reason or the EDID is invalid. The specs show the monitor has DVI. It'd be better to use an HDMI-DVI adapter/cable instead of VGA. That will also work around the problem if the VGA EDID is corrupted.
11-11-2017, 07:54 PM
(11-11-2017 02:55 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The main cause for your original issue seems to be a missing or corrupted EDID. CRU is supposed to show you what the monitor defines if the driver can read the EDID. "PNP09FF - Generic Non-PnP Monitor" means either the driver couldn't read the EDID for some reason or the EDID is invalid. The specs show the monitor has DVI. It'd be better to use an HDMI-DVI adapter/cable instead of VGA. That will also work around the problem if the VGA EDID is corrupted.
Thanks a lot ! I think it's a good theory (that no MSI, Microsoft, and Intel can give me). The buttons of my screen is unfotunately broken, so I can't switch source, but I 've try the screen with the same computer but on Ubuntu and it works !!! What hapiness !! I just have to repare windows ... not the screen. do you have an idea to do that ? I've already try many drivers and reset 2X my computer :/
11-12-2017, 04:19 AM
Hello
Why do I cant change the refresh rate? 50 hertz is default for this monitor..

The long stroy details are here

https://communities.intel.com/thread/118979

[Image: 20171112_071327.jpg]
pic upload
11-12-2017, 01:02 PM
(11-11-2017 02:49 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The problem is cheap TVs like to mess with the image for some stupid reason. First, try HDMI again and delete the extension block. That will make it send a DVI signal instead of HDMI, which the TV might treat differently. If that doesn't help, try using the "LCD reduced" timing parameters for 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz. If that doesn't help, try VGA with the "LCD reduced" or "CRT standard" timing parameters.

HDMI, for some strange reason, wasn't receiving any input from the PC, so i automatically tried to do the VGA Method and... Holy cow, the "CRT Standard" timing parameter did actually WORK!
Oh, i had to deactivate GPU scaling on both screens (yes, i have a second one, but the other one is a regular eMachines monitor, working 100% with DVI-D), if i don't do so, the second screen will flicker constantly and you hear the "plug" and "unplug" sound in loop.

Great job on keeping this thread alive for so long and on supporting as much as you can your users, you just saved me a lot of time and money. Big Grin
11-13-2017, 01:00 AM
I'm trying to correct the audio options on my TCL 55P605, which I have connected to my speakers via optical connection. Despite changing settings on the TV, the EDID continues to report incorrect values. I've used your utility to override the EDID, but the NVIDIA drivers are still reporting the incorrect settings from the TV's EDID.

Steps I've performed:
1. Use cru.exe to modify the audio extension block and then save as an override
2. Use restart.exe to restart the display driver (unsurprisingly, didn't affect the audio driver)
3. Disable/reenable the audio driver
4. Uninstall/reinstall the NVIDIA audio device in device manager
5. Reboot the PC
6. use cru.exe to verify that the override is still active

What am I missing?
11-13-2017, 02:39 PM
(11-10-2017 08:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 05:01 PM)mrkukov Wrote:  Trying to get my Crossover Q27 (1440p@60Hz) to run over HDMI-to-DVI... no luck. It's Dual-Link-DVI only and I'm just trying to get freesync to work.
I can "OC" the monitor to run between 55.1 - 64.9Hz with active DP to DVI adapter (since Vega does not have DVI-port). Still not able to set freesync for that refreshrate range while using the adapter. Nice monitor but not able to hack freesync to it. Just FYI for people with google. :/

Edit: ...and using second monitor to change settings since Q27 does not produce any picture with HDMI-to-DVI adapter or DP-to-DVI adapter.
You'll need the pixel clock patch to use HDMI-DVI or DP-DVI: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher
Testing was done with patched drivers. No help there.

I'm able to set 1440p with HDMI but the monitor (Crossover Q27) is not able to coup with it. I have tested 55.1Hz that is ok for the monitor but still nothing. Also tested even more lower Hz to reduce MHz but still nothing.

When I set 1440p over HDMI I might see left upper part of the desktop for ½ second. It fades away and does not come back. Monitor tries to sync again multiple times but fails. No picture. Most likely this is monitor issue. Your application works just fine. Smile
11-14-2017, 12:12 AM (Last edited: 11-14-2017, 01:15 AM by pomakik)
Hi i have an issue with CRU i have used it fine in the past, the problem I'm encountering is that the display scaling works fine in CSGO & in Reflex Arena, however when i use the same resolution in Quake Champions or a few other games it acts like "normal" and scales from 1920x1080 on the GPU instead.

Swapping between CSGO/Reflex & QC it always works when i go back to csgo or reflex & never works with quake champions.

these are my settings
[Image: 4hZN7ZR.png]

this is what shows up under the nvidia settings for my desired ingame resolution
[Image: Jg1hYda.png]

a solution would be very helpful Smile

edit: also i don't use lightboost but when testing it out QC was also a game that it just didn't work with for some reason.
11-15-2017, 02:26 AM
(11-14-2017 12:12 AM)pomakik Wrote:  Hi i have an issue with CRU i have used it fine in the past, the problem I'm encountering is that the display scaling works fine in CSGO & in Reflex Arena, however when i use the same resolution in Quake Champions or a few other games it acts like "normal" and scales from 1920x1080 on the GPU instead.
CRU doesn't deal with scaling. That's up to the graphics driver. Make sure the game is using the correct refresh rate. Some games use the desktop refresh rate. I don't see why the driver is adding 143 Hz and 128 Hz as scaled resolutions but not 60 Hz. You might be better off making sure 1280x960 and 1920x1080 have the same refresh rates in CRU. The NVIDIA control panel has an "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs" option that you can try, but I don't know what that's supposed to do. If you have a "Preferred refresh rate" option in the 3D settings, try setting that to "Highest available" so it uses 144 Hz.
11-15-2017, 02:34 AM
(11-13-2017 01:00 AM)odditude Wrote:  I'm trying to correct the audio options on my TCL 55P605, which I have connected to my speakers via optical connection. Despite changing settings on the TV, the EDID continues to report incorrect values. I've used your utility to override the EDID, but the NVIDIA drivers are still reporting the incorrect settings from the TV's EDID.
What audio options are you trying to correct? What are the incorrect values? Where does NVIDIA's driver report the settings?