Dual output from GTX1080 graphics card to Denon AVR and Ultrawide
11-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Dual output from GTX1080 graphics card to Denon AVR and Ultrawide
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for some help with getting an LG ultrawide monitor (34WK650W) working with an LG OledB7 via a Denon AVR X2500. My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 1080. Both Monitors work separately however when I turn on 'Extend these displays' the ultrawide gets a blank screen. I've tried changing the resolutions in the Nvidia control panel as I appreciate that both monitors require different resolutions however still no luck. I've wanted to get this working for about 3 years now...thought now with Lockdown 2.0 coming in maybe its time to finally get this working.

Both monitors work fine when the Denon AVR is removed from the chain so I think the AVR is the problem but I'm honestly not sureUndecided

Thanks for any help in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2020, 08:10 AM
RE: Dual output from GTX1080 graphics card to Denon AVR and Ultrawide
(11-01-2020 03:55 PM)Monski Wrote:  Good afternoon,

I'm looking for some help with getting an LG ultrawide monitor (34WK650W) working with an LG OledB7 via a Denon AVR X2500. My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 1080. Both Monitors work separately however when I turn on 'Extend these displays' the ultrawide gets a blank screen. I've tried changing the resolutions in the Nvidia control panel as I appreciate that both monitors require different resolutions however still no luck. I've wanted to get this working for about 3 years now...thought now with Lockdown 2.0 coming in maybe its time to finally get this working.

Both monitors work fine when the Denon AVR is removed from the chain so I think the AVR is the problem but I'm honestly not sureUndecided

Thanks for any help in advance.

Here is what I did. Hdmi on gpu to lg oled tv. display port from gpu to lg 34 inch. Then get a displayport to hdmi adapter and use that for dp to hdmi on Denon. Bypass the denon for video and only use it for audio. Windows will see the denon as another display. You then need to make sure that audio is switched to the denon.
I have been doing that for a couple years now. Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply