Horizontal gray lines at 120hz - MSI MPG341CQRV
08-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Horizontal gray lines at 120hz - MSI MPG341CQRV
relevant PC specs: AMD 5700xt GPU connected via DisplayPort

My mpg341cqrv will have horizontal gray lines at 120hz setting but only occasionally. If I reset the refresh rate to 60hz and then back to 120hz sometimes they go away. Other times it won't reset and it might take 20+ minutes for it to change and for it to properly sync with my GPU.[/size][/font] I've considered downloading the custom resolution utility to try and set a 120hz resolution with different timings than I can set in the radeon utility. The standard settings I'm seeing in the radeon utility show pixel clock can't go higher than 644Khz so it doesn't support the CVT standard. It looks like the standard settings are for CVT-RBv2 which I pulled from https://tomverbeure.github.io/video_timings_calculator.

Should I just RMA this thing? I bought it in May so I'm well within the warranty time. I just would hate to have to pay for shipping if I could just update settings and it work well. Would CRU help with this issue or is there a different utility I could try?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2020, 03:28 PM (Last edited: 08-11-2020, 03:29 PM by Ishvalan)
RE: Horizontal gray lines at 120hz - MSI MPG341CQRV
So I've tried to create some custom resolutions with CRU and haven't been successful so far.

I've attached copies of my original settings. Does anyone have suggestions for settings to change that might eliminate my sync issue (gray horizontal scan lines)? I tried using some timings from the other types of CVT standards but they have higher pixel clock requirements and trying to change the range limits under the Edit button didn't seem to help with allowing me to enter those timing into a detailed resolution. The frequency boxes would always be red and not let me set the resolution with those other timings.

Also a strange note, when I'm in display settings I can select either 60hz, 85hz, or 120hz. I only see the 60 and 120 in my detailed resolutions section of CRU, so where is this 85 coming from?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-11-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: Horizontal gray lines at 120hz - MSI MPG341CQRV
I don't think changing the timing parameters will get rid of the artifacts. You should probably RMA it.