Is monitor can causes stutter in all games !!?
01-19-2021, 06:03 AM
Is monitor can causes stutter in all games !!?
I bought Acer kg241
At the front of it wrote KG241, but with the installation of new Windows has a read acer kg241 p, inside windows 10 settings in the display menu and also in the audio port for the screen in Windows shows it acer kg241 p i spoke with the acer community

But they insist on it as kg241 also note that the screen has a serial ,snid and model number printed behind the screen shows that the screen acer kg241 pbmidpx and serial on the site takes me to model kg241 either number and the other takes me to kg241 p also knowing that there is knowledge for both screens kg241 Windows did not get a definition but kg241p Windows get defined without having to force Windows driver to enter kg241
( new installtion windows just read monitor in device manager as generic pnp monitor , acer kg241 does not do anything but acer kg241 p windows accecpt it )
So I knew something was wrong.

In the wonderful and extended crew program CRU ,And without this program, I wouldn't have found out. I found that the product id is arc069a screen and when I opened files .inf for definitions I found the same number with the definition acer kg241p and not acer kg241 from here I learned that there is something wrong in the screen after a whole year in trouble because of stuttering and not smooth play.

Finally I found the solution knowing that the solution is practical and not scientific
It removes all the values in the program and puts the values to write and choose the automatic pc and also put the sync range free but I hear do not need to put it because I am connected to the display port cable

So I came here to get enough information to adjust the screen scientifically.

Please answer the following

What is voltage swing?
What is PreEmphasis?
What is HDCP Support?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2021, 05:46 PM
RE: Is monitor can causes stutter in all games !!?
anyone !?
01-19-2021, 06:50 PM
Stuttering is usually not a monitor problem. You can test frame rates here: https://testufo.com/

The KG241 is a 75 Hz monitor, and the KG241P is a 144 Hz monitor. If you have 144 Hz, then you have the KG241P. You don't need a monitor driver. "Generic PnP Monitor" is fine.

I'm not sure what "Voltage Swing" and "PreEmphasis" are exactly, but they can work around signal quality issues, which would cause blacking out, not stuttering.

HDCP is content protection, which encrypts the signal so it can't be copied. All monitors nowadays support HDCP, and that wouldn't cause stuttering.
01-19-2021, 07:35 PM
(01-19-2021 06:50 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Stuttering is usually not a monitor problem. You can test frame rates here: https://testufo.com/

The KG241 is a 75 Hz monitor, and the KG241P is a 144 Hz monitor. If you have 144 Hz, then you have the KG241P. You don't need a monitor driver. "Generic PnP Monitor" is fine.

I'm not sure what "Voltage Swing" and "PreEmphasis" are exactly, but they can work around signal quality issues, which would cause blacking out, not stuttering.

HDCP is content protection, which encrypts the signal so it can't be copied. All monitors nowadays support HDCP, and that wouldn't cause stuttering.

Thank you for respond ToastyX

To be honest with you, that's really what happened.
After chosen cvt reduced blank All stutter problems have been solved.

I don't know what's wrong with the screen itself, or the driver of the graphics card didn't set the right timings with the screen frequency.

Have done more to search this file
https://glenwing.github.io/docs/VESA-CVT-1.2.pdf

Something I've forgotten gpu memory clock stays 1750mhz stock settings
but after chosen CVT-RB its down to 200mhz in idle which I think there's something wrong here with driver I donno know

And freesync before , When I stay in 90fps scene and looking into hz monitor its not consistent with frames, down to 60 and up to 100 in one second and still frame at 90 , after adding cvt-rb omg its given me consistent free sync range its sometimes not equal frame but I think that's just a driver version problem

one more thing I'm sorry yesterday I tried to turn on vsync in amd driver and boom its lock my frame in fortnite up-down around 142~144 that's amazing and that's how this technology works really, but after reboot sad its broken , what did happen?!

Its just something wrong between monitors and gpus that's what I discoverd today!!

I'm sorry for the long, and I wish you a great day.
01-19-2021, 09:56 PM
(01-19-2021 07:35 PM)Littleboii Wrote:  I don't know what's wrong with the screen itself, or the driver of the graphics card didn't set the right timings with the screen frequency.

Have done more to search this file
https://glenwing.github.io/docs/VESA-CVT-1.2.pdf

Something I've forgotten gpu memory clock stays 1750mhz stock settings
but after chosen CVT-RB its down to 200mhz in idle which I think there's something wrong here with driver I donno know
That's normal. The GPU can't reduce the memory clock if the vertical blanking is too low because there won't be enough time to retrain the memory, and 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz monitors often use non-standard reduced blanking to keep the pixel clock low enough for DVI and HDMI. I don't know why they also did that for DisplayPort because it's not needed. I don't see how changing the timing parameters would affect stutter though. The Vsync issue sounds like a driver bug.
01-20-2021, 03:16 AM
Quote:The GPU can't reduce the memory clock if the vertical blanking is too low because there won't be enough time to retrain the memory
So what? I'm already connected via display port cable and stock settings with-out any customizing v.blanking=20 now its 77

Quote:and 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz monitors often use non-standard reduced blanking to keep the pixel clock low enough for DVI and HDMI. I don't know why they also did that for DisplayPort because it's not needed
Not just to reduce this value. I think there are other values that need to be changed with a frequency of 144, especially through the display port. Hdmi 120Hz fixed in all values
But I think throw Displayport should be there because its non-standard =) I donno know

Quote:I don't see how changing the timing parameters would affect stutter though
I will pickup some pictures for you to compare stock settings and custom resolution in terms of screen timings and frame rate / frame time

Quote:The Vsync issue sounds like a driver bug
I think so. Will try another driver later