NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
08-21-2020, 06:26 PM (Last edited: 08-21-2020, 06:28 PM by betajib)
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
(08-21-2020 06:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 12:44 PM)betajib Wrote:  446.14 not work i try instal this driver and after i try to instal clock pixel last version 1.4.11 and after instalation i restart my computer and when he started viod driver is gone no driver no panel.....i use windows 10 pro 64 bits 2004 lasts updates tweaks for DPC antivirus avast, spaywares and malware firewall is off in windows

if you whant i can give you acces anydesk or teamwiever to try but its not work
Something is blocking the modified driver from loading. I don't know what else it could be. What are you trying to use the patcher for? There might be a way without the patcher.
i think this patcher can decrease latency and imput lag for gaming and else i love fast computer
how to find out what is blocking where to dig, have any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2020, 09:42 PM
(08-21-2020 06:26 PM)betajib Wrote:  i think this patcher can decrease latency and imput lag for gaming and else i love fast computer
how to find out what is blocking where to dig, have any ideas?
That's not what the patcher is for. I don't know how to find what's blocking it.
08-22-2020, 08:50 AM
is there another way to increase or unblock the displayport channel? I'm ready to work with hex regedit etc.
08-22-2020, 10:59 AM (Last edited: 08-24-2020, 01:28 AM by DiscordantApple)
Really big thanks for this useful tool. Prior to 451.67 I only needed Nvidia's own create custom resolution or CRU to get the monitor pixel clock above 500MHz. Doing so I could fix getting >120hz when Freesync enabled on my Samsung LC27JG54QQEXXY via HDMI.

When 451.67 came out with a release note fix for "The refresh rate of 144Hz-capable HDMI displays cannot be set above 120 Hz. [3038540]", I was expecting a potential official fix. Yet the driver update actually broke things worse so that my monitor can't even hit >120hz even with Freesync disabled with both aforementioned tools no longer able to help.

After a brief search about pixel clock monitor issues, I found this thread. Applying this patcher lets my monitor pixel clock back up to 600MHz also with a small 148hz overclock included.

However one side-effect issue I'm facing as a result of applying the patcher is Moonlight's Nvidia Gamestream gives a blank screen on the connecting device. A workaround I'm using is to restore undo the patcher after booted for Moonlight to work again while still keeping the higher pixel clock benefit. However it means having to reapply the patcher before shutting down (due to restart being required for patching to take effect) and undoing the patch before being able to use Moonlight. Putting the PC to hibernate helps with dealing with the workaround a little but it's definitely not ideal.
08-23-2020, 05:54 PM
(08-22-2020 10:59 AM)DiscordantApple Wrote:  However one side-effect issue I'm facing as a result of applying the patcher is Moonlight's Nvidia Gamestream gives a blank screen on the connecting device. A workaround I'm using is to restore undo the patcher after booted for Moonlight to work again. However it means having to reapply the patcher before shutting down (due to restart being required for patching to take effect) and undoing the patch before being able to use Moonlight. Putting the PC to hibernate helps with dealing with the workaround a little but it's definitely not ideal.
So wait, the problem goes away after unpatching the driver even without rebooting? That's strange because the driver is still loaded, but it gives me an idea for a possible workaround.

Make sure the driver is not patched. Then run this: https://www.monitortests.com/files.zip

Then post files.txt here.
08-23-2020, 05:55 PM
(08-22-2020 08:50 AM)betajib Wrote:  is there another way to increase or unblock the displayport channel? I'm ready to work with hex regedit etc.
DisplayPort runs at fixed clock speeds and can't be overclocked. The patcher does nothing for DisplayPort.
08-24-2020, 01:52 AM (Last edited: 08-24-2020, 02:05 AM by DiscordantApple)
(08-23-2020 05:54 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  So wait, the problem goes away after unpatching the driver even without rebooting? That's strange because the driver is still loaded, but it gives me an idea for a possible workaround.

Make sure the driver is not patched. Then run this: https://www.monitortests.com/files.zip

Then post files.txt here.
Yes, while the unlocked higher pixel clock allowed by applying pre-boot remains. Sorry my last paragraph wasn't clear, I just edited in some clarity.

The files test errors "Failed to list files." with an empty files.txt if run clean boot or after patched reboot then unpatched. The output files.txt is the same if run patched before reboot or after. I've attached it to this post. Edit: I can't seem to see it attached so https://pastebin.com/HQaNhRYi
08-24-2020, 12:08 PM
(08-24-2020 01:52 AM)DiscordantApple Wrote:  The files test errors "Failed to list files." with an empty files.txt
Sorry, it was looking in the wrong place. Download files.zip again.
08-25-2020, 02:32 AM
(08-24-2020 12:08 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 01:52 AM)DiscordantApple Wrote:  The files test errors "Failed to list files." with an empty files.txt
Sorry, it was looking in the wrong place. Download files.zip again.

clean https://pastebin.com/TmyLsY0c
patched https://pastebin.com/mvefBav5
unpatched https://pastebin.com/q9ZUGrSV
08-26-2020, 02:20 PM (Last edited: 08-26-2020, 02:22 PM by MedGR45)
This is the best I could do on the latest NV driver without the patcher [Image: Yv7LUFk.png]
My monitor can do 77hz tops and after tuning the back porch and limiting the pixel clock to the maximum of Single Link DVI-D I'm able to hit 76Hz. I got one question tho, do I lose some quality or are there any side effects using values too low like this?