Problems with overclocking monitor Hz
03-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Problems with overclocking monitor Hz
Greetings!

Such a problem, there is a laptop HP Omen15 with a built-in video card (Intel UHD 630) and a discrete (GTX 1050Ti).

The integrated graphics card is locked at 40 and 60Hz. When I try to change the Hz from the Intel Control Panel, I get an error - "the user resolution exceeds the bandwidth".

Then i try CRU, leave the resolution at 1920x1080 and set at 75Hz. Nothing changes, 75Hz do not appear in the monitor settings either.

After rebooting the laptop, the screen gives out just a black screen, you have to go into safe mode or connect via HDMI.

On my old laptop Lenovo Y500 with GTX650M, with a damaged matrix cable, I clocked up to 107Hz without problems, after 108 artifacts appeared.

As I understand it, at OMEN is prevented by some kind of blocking from UHD Graphics.

Help me please.

P.S.
(sorry for my eng.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: Problems with overclocking monitor Hz
What happens if you try to add a lower refresh rate with CRU?
03-27-2019, 03:23 PM
RE: Problems with overclocking monitor Hz
(03-22-2019 06:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  What happens if you try to add a lower refresh rate with CRU?

Greetings. I think I figured it out a bit.

At first I completely deleted the drivers of my UHD 630 about 2019, then i putted 6373 v.

Then i opened the CRU, raised by 1-2 Hz. I rebooted my laptop, put 65Hz at Intel Control Panel and it seems the maximum power of my matrix.

In the new drivers, as I understand it, there are some limiters on CRU, right?

Maybe you have any advice on how to find out the maximum hertz of my monitor?

T.Y.