Scaled Resolution Editor (SRE)
10-27-2022, 03:32 AM
RE: Scaled Resolution Editor (SRE)
(10-26-2022 02:41 PM)Benman2785 Wrote:  will there be an update to set different aspects for custom reso with SRE for AMD with VSR?
That's a driver limitation. I don't have any control over that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2022, 10:20 AM
ok, i try to reach to AMD to fix this problem. Wink

thank you so far
02-20-2023, 01:57 PM
is this 1600x1000 an exception?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-21-2023, 04:44 AM
(02-20-2023 01:57 PM)0ka Wrote:  is this 1600x1000 an exception?
No, it looks like AMD added some more default resolutions at some point. I'll have to do some tests to see what other resolutions were added and provide an update in a few days.
03-23-2023, 11:01 PM
Hello there.
I am facing an issue hoping you could help. I have a brand new 7900 xtx , and am using to play at 30 hz since years at very high resolution ( 8k with the new card) .
Despite the added input lag, i find this way better than what any frame limiter can provide in terms of smoothness.

Unfortunately for me, with vsr resolution , i am locked to 60 hz. So i am really stuck right now.
I would like to know if you could tell me the location of the key that your tools edit in the registry ? So that i could maybe tweak the refresh rate for vsr resolution from there.

Thank you
03-24-2023, 03:01 PM
(03-23-2023 11:01 PM)Rstudio Wrote:  Hello there.
I am facing an issue hoping you could help. I have a brand new 7900 xtx , and am using to play at 30 hz since years at very high resolution ( 8k with the new card) .
Despite the added input lag, i find this way better than what any frame limiter can provide in terms of smoothness.

Unfortunately for me, with vsr resolution , i am locked to 60 hz. So i am really stuck right now.
I would like to know if you could tell me the location of the key that your tools edit in the registry ? So that i could maybe tweak the refresh rate for vsr resolution from there.

Thank you
There is no refresh rate to tweak. VSR is supposed to use the refresh rates available at the native resolution.
03-24-2023, 04:32 PM
(03-24-2023 03:01 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-23-2023 11:01 PM)Rstudio Wrote:  Hello there.

Thank you
There is no refresh rate to tweak. VSR is supposed to use the refresh rates available at the native resolution.

Well, it seems that's not the case.
I can switch between 30 hz and 60 hz at 4K ( my native resolution) on Desktop and in games.
But with VSR i am locked to 60 hz, even if i set my desktop resolution at 30 hz.

There was a way ( not working anymore it seems ) to edit registry to add custom VSR res with refresh rate editing DALNonStandardModesBCD1 key (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/how-to...ls.397985/)

So i was hoping you could tell me where to search in registry in order to solve my issue. I tried to use Procmon ( https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint...ds/procmon) in order to check which keys your software edits in real time, but i didn't manage to find . So that i can continue to enjoy my smooth 30 fps experience.
Thanks for all.
03-24-2023, 05:38 PM
(03-24-2023 04:32 PM)Rstudio Wrote:  There was a way ( not working anymore it seems ) to edit registry to add custom VSR res with refresh rate editing DALNonStandardModesBCD1 key (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/how-to...ls.397985/)
That is the method SRE uses, but the refresh rate part has no effect for VSR or scaled resolutions.
03-24-2023, 07:08 PM (Last edited: 03-24-2023, 07:09 PM by Rstudio)
(03-24-2023 05:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-24-2023 04:32 PM)Rstudio Wrote:  There was a way ( not working anymore it seems ) to edit registry to add custom VSR res with refresh rate editing DALNonStandardModesBCD1 key (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/how-to...ls.397985/)
That is the method SRE uses, but the refresh rate part has no effect for VSR or scaled resolutions.
Indeed.. I just tested and it doesn't work.
Do you have any idea or clue on how i could use 30 hz on VSR resolution ?
Or a way to force my screen to stay at 30 hz using another software or registry edit or anything ? I really need it. Maybe using your EDID writer ?
Thanks for you help.
03-26-2023, 05:32 PM
(03-24-2023 07:08 PM)Rstudio Wrote:  Indeed.. I just tested and it doesn't work.
Do you have any idea or clue on how i could use 30 hz on VSR resolution ?
Or a way to force my screen to stay at 30 hz using another software or registry edit or anything ? I really need it. Maybe using your EDID writer ?
Thanks for you help.
Does CRU show a detailed resolution for 30 Hz somewhere either in the main window or in an extension block?